Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • i need a new bell.
  • ton

my darling grandaughter broke my lovely shiny brass bell earlier today, got it from Charlie, it was never quite loud enough.
    idea’s for a new one without going to the airhorn type.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I like Incredibells.

ton

ta mate, I was trying to think of a name I couldn’t remember…that was it.

thread closed……… 8)

Esme
    Free Member

No Ton, you need a Hamburger Bell 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

A what-bell thread… 😯

bikeneil
    Free Member

Give your lbs a call and ask them to play some different ones down the phone to you. They’ll love that.

butcher

These incredibells any good then? Never been particularly impressed with any bell I’ve bought up until now.

thered

Is it wrong that I just say “Ting Ting” as loud as can be described as polite?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Give your lbs a call and ask them to play some different ones down the phone to you. They’ll love that.

Youtube could save you a call

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GiK65PcDo[/video]

househusband

Soma Crane Suzu brass; I’ve got three – all bought from eBay in the US.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Dq1Ydoa8[/video]

Not the small one that works by flicking a spring at the bell!

Tinners

I used to have an air horn fixed to my Chipper when I was a kid. A friend gave it to me when his dad bought a new one for his boat. I fixed it to my handlebars using jubilee clips and used to use it liberally when cycling to the shops on errands for my mum. After a succession of cars doing emergency stops and screeching to a halt in the middle of the road, people dropping their shopping and coming over all faint after stepping out in front of me, I was banned from using it when a friend of my mum’s snitched on me. The local chemist did a roaring trade in incontinence knickers that summer by all accounts. Good times.

ton

moonter, noggin has a large flying pigeon, on his veteran bike.
    lady at the hikers hostel in killin collects bikes for a Africa charity, it was on a old bike, he asked nicely and she said yes…… 😆

scaredypants

thread closed……… 8)

make sure it’s the one with disco lights

RustySpanner

bikeneil – Member

That’s tomorrow afternoon sorted then…… 😀

yorlin
    Free Member

This is the last post.

So I am the Bell-End.

Edit – sadly I give up my title to someone backing that bell kickstarter… 😆

somafunk

I’m gonna get a torrent of ridicule for this one but i backed the following kickstarter project for the spurcycle bell in silver, cost me $35 plus $15 postage.

righog
    Free Member

somafunk – Member
    I’m gonna accept a torrent of ridicule for this one but i backed the following kickstarter project for the spurcycle bell in silver, cost me $35 plus $15 postage.

I quite enjoyed their kickstarter vid, they seem to have made a bit of a success of it.

backers
    $331,938
    pledged of $20,000 goal
    seconds to go

Good for them

campkoala
    Free Member

the bells househusband recommended are great, the sound they make is so polite if you ring them, approaching a group of seniors out for a walk they won’t get out your way but all look around thinking they’ve somehow entered an antique shop.

somafunk

yep, i’m a sucker for functional well designed and aesthetically pleasing items that may seem overpriced to some but i like the way it’s made and the ethos behind the manufacturing process, a generic cheap £5 bell may function just as well but i’d have no emotional attachment towards it, it’s my cash to spend and on my wages i worked 5 hours to pay for it so i obviously think it’s worth it and it should last me years of use,

ding…ding 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Sumo horn FTW!

neilc1881
    Free Member

I got the missus one for her bike, it’s made by Electra I believe and is about 12cm in diameter and sounds like a doorbell. It’s great on the canal towpath! Only a matter of time before someone jumps in!

khani
    Free Member

50p charity shop bell ftw..

Daffy

Somafunk – me too. I bought one in Black and one in Raw. Total cost? $95…

tootallpaul

These are great:

http://www.lionbellworks.co.uk/

And made in the UK.

🙂

jamiep
    Free Member

spacer-mounted bell £5.40 from Tredz

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘i need a new bell.’ is closed to new replies.