YT Ind Wicked pro

Home Forum Bike Forum YT Ind Wicked pro

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • YT Ind Wicked pro
  • tops 5

Phhffft! You missed a question mark on your penultimate sentence 🙄

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I saw one on top of someone’s car and it looked the shiz

hth

billybanzai

Cheers top5, I left school in 94 take ya face for shizzznit!! Lol

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

But in seriousness, I very nearly bought one but got spooked by the BOS suspension after reading about terrible customer support.

I probably would get one if I had the same choice again.

mgig

My mate has one, been riding for a few months now – very happy with it. Boss fork took a while to soften up but it’s all hunky-dory now. Any questions just ask – will relay 🙂

billybanzai

Mgig cheers bud can you ask your pal about waiting times, running gear, the brakes on it, and has he had any problems servicing the shox in the uk???? Cheers bud

patriotpro

Speaking a lad at Glentress who had one who loved it. Said he was given a delivery date of 5 weeks and was delivered within that time.

sharkattack

I have a Tues Pro and I love it. The BOS suspension is unreal. I have no qualms about giving them my money again.
    In france I got to have a blast on the BOS and Crossmax equipped Wicked and it felt amazing. Very sorted bike with the kind of geometry that puts you in ‘attack mode’. I love my Stumpjumper Evo but it has to go as the Wicked is incredible.

billybanzai

I’m currently eying up a few bikes and the YT WICKED PRO keeps catching my eye, it’s cheap and looks awesome but obviously I can’t go on a demo day with one because they’re one of them Internet buys!! Lol.Has anyone come across one, own one, had a demo day on one!! Your feed back is appreciated

billybanzai

This might sound cheeky but if anyone has one and in the northwest are they up for a meet up and let me try out, I wanna demo one basically coz I don’t like buying blind.

stomlinson

Seen on their Facebook page it was best in test in Mbr magazine check out the review, a mate of mine bought his lad one of their jump bikes says quality of the product is amazing and is now anchoring after a Wicked. J tech can service Bos suspension for you or sort any problems I have another friend who has been running a Deville now for 2 years without any issues. The only bad thing I have heard about Yt is when they are out of spares like mech hangers for example there can be a waiting time, hope this helps

sharkattack

I just checked the site and the Wicked Pro size large is in stock. Currently restraining myself.

billybanzai

Do it sharkattack then I can come take a look lol!! I’m a short asse so small for me lol, cheers dudes for the good feedback this is just saying to me take a plunge maybe.I was gonna build up a Cotic rocket but with the spec I want it’d be going on 4 grand and this YT is a dream build already, only thing not keen on it the brakes but that’s coz I’ve always used hope, anyone got any feedback on the x0 trail brakes???

Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

They do look rather good don’t they?

emmodd

Got the 650b version if you want a go. Where you based?

billybanzai

Emmod I’m Lancashire buddy

Rickos

This months MBR mag has a test on the YT, Specialized Enduro and Lapierre Spicy. Not read it yet though…

sharkattack

anyone got any feedback on the x0 trail brakes???

They came fitted to the Tues Pro. I’ve had bad experiences with Avid in the past and didn’t want any grief in the Alps this year so I sold them on here and got Saints.

The Saints had an air lock that I could not shift which meant the levers pulled to the bars and the alloy part of the Ice-tech sandwich rotors melted in 4 days. Basically I spent ages mucking about with my brand new brakes and ended up wishing I’d kept the Avids.

The X0 Trails look and feel beautiful and with the benefit of hindsight I’d be happy to run them. If I do buy the Wicked they’ll be staying put.

billybanzai

Nice one shark!! Good advice!! It’s all leaning me towards one but still want to try one out!! Lol

skolt

Hey, billybanzai – have you considered the 650b version?
    I quite like the set up with Pike fork but not so keen on the triple chainset.

eyerideit

W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G

It’s got 26″ wheels and you run the risk of going over the bars as they don’t have the ‘rollerbility’* of that brilliant new wheel size that makes you gnar to the power 10.

W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G

EDIT seen the 650 version – phew – carry on

skolt

chill out eyerideit, it’s the Pike fork that makes it more interesting – not really bothered about the wheels!

billybanzai

Why don’t they do a 650b PRO!!! That’s my Fiiing question lol I wouldn’t mind that!!

char34

you been listening to kiwi, 26″ don’t bother with wagon wheels
    BOS forks are the dogs boll****
    get it bought and show your mate chorlton how to ride

billybanzai

I show him already on my commencal lol!!!

emmodd

Yeah, the triple is a strange choice but I’ve ordered the race face narrow thin ring and general lee adaptor. All should be good then.

Can understand the hating on 650b to an extent. Only reason I went for it though was because my yeti got nicked and because I didn’t want to drop another £4k on a bike, it had the best spec for the cash. The pro was more than I wanted to spend and I’ve had enough of Fox so Canyon were out the running.

The fact its 650b had no bearing and you’ll not here me trying to convince anyone it’s the way forward. Regardless of wheel size it’s a great bike that’s right up my street.

mikey74

Don’t be put off by the BOS suspension: They are truly amazing. I have Idylle SC and Void units on my Morewood and they are unlike anything I have ever run before. The performance is in another class.

I exchanged a few e-mails with JTech, prior to buying the bike, and they have been able to service them for a while. JTech are doing the UK warranty, so I was told by Bike Tart last week.

billybanzai

Nah I ain’t put off by the shox been looking at some good reviews and obviously you lot singing there praise.

fbk

mikey74 – J-Tech can certainly service BOS suspension (James has my Vip’r & Devilles at the mo and it’s the only reason I took the plunge) but they’re not doing warrnty stuff. That’s Surf Sales department, although after a phone call to them last week, I wouldn’t bother trying if you do have problems.

gibbonarms

Personally, I wouldn’t buy another as their customer service is cr@p, mine’s been back to Germany for over a month, now another problem has developed and communications are difficult to say the least.
    if I didn’t have another bike to ride instead all this time I’d of been really bouncing.
    Would I do it again? NO!!
    They are incredible value for money but so are lots of other bikes like the Whyte G150 which you can buy from your UK shop and have a lot less hassle dealing with them.
    YT industries are a right pain to deal with I’m sorry to say.

mikey74

I’ve just re-read the e-mail and it turns out JTech do “do the warranty stuff for Morewood’s Bos.”

Bagstard

I’ve ridden one and really rate it, XO brakes feel rock solid too!

mgig

billybanzai – the bike was suppose to arrive after 3 months but was earlier than expected, shocks can be serviced locally – no problem but any fixes within warranty can take up to six weeks.

gibbonarms

Well, I’m in yet another ‘warranty issue’ with YT and have not ridden my bike for the last 7 weeks, as YT have been their usual sketchy selves with communications.

On the plus side, when I come to sell the bike, it will be in amazing condition cos its been in Germany more and sat here unridden due to problems more than it has been used.

Time to sell I think and lesson learned.

Save your money, dont buy from them

sharkattack

This is weird. I had a bit of email chatter before I bought my bike partly to make sure YT actually existed and they were incredibly helpful. Hopefully it will be just the same when I break it!

cabeaumont

I just bought a Wicked 650b. Not really said anything on here as i’ve not actually had the chance to ride it yet!

I’ve had no problems with the buying process.

My biggest concern was the sizing. I used their online size calculator and it has proved to be very accurate. Having read the bike is long in the top tube I played with the variables to see at which points it recommended a Medium instead of Large as I didn’t want it to be too big. I needn’t have worried, you just need to trust the size calculator.

Ordering was simple and I received a confirmation with payment details shortly after pressing the BUY button. I decided to bank transfer as the PayPal fees are silly if you want to use a credit card. I also used a third party currency company called HiFx to do the transfer as it saved me about £100 in fees and poor exchange rates over Lloyds. (Email me, address in profile, if you decide to use HiFx, we can both benefit if I refer anyone!)

Communication was good telling me when the payment had been received and when the bike was shipped. I got a DHL tracking code and then a Tracking code for local shipping company once it was in UK.

End to end the process took less than 2 weeks but the bike was in stock. I ordered a spare mech hanger with the bike (shipping on this part is 20 Euro if ordered separate to bike) and i was a bit pi$$ed when it was not in the box with the bike. Emailed them and they told me it was not in stock when they dispatched the bike but they were sending it separate. This is fine (and it did arrive shortly after the bike) but it would have been nice to know!

As for the bike….pictures on the YT site don’t do it justice. I’ve got some bike snob pals that thought I was making a mistake – now they think I have stumbled across a bargain and can’t wait to get a shot.

I’ve replaced quite a few components more out of personal preference than poor quality – i’d have happily ridden the bike as it was out the box.

Saint M820 brakes
    Saint M820 1×10 shifter
    e13 XCX direct mount top chain guide
    e13 34 tooth narrow/wide chainring
    Renthal fatbars with ODI grips

Original bits are for sale in my classifieds ad here 😉

I’ve heard and read all the horror stories people are having regards warranty claims etc. (great owners thread over on pinkbike). I say this touching wood (and cloth 😆 ) that most folk are suffering problems with BOS suspension and it’s an absolute $hite to get fixed in the UK so bikes are having to be sent back to Germany for YT to then send to France for fixing……. Also some complaints about e13 cranks coming loose although I think that is common with them and it sorts itself after a few rides with correct torques! I think it’s much safer (hopefully) to go with RockShox, part of the reason why i went with the bike i did.

I’ll feedback on how it rides next week as i’m at FoD, Afan, Cwncarn and Bike Park Wales over the long weekend!

Overall I do feel that buying this bike was a double roll of the dice in terms of 650b and size – I think the gamble has paid off but never say never!!

Oh, and if you ever needed proof that a 650b Wicked Pro would be amazing looking……

billybanzai

Good feed cabeumont cheers food for thought!! Buddy

dlr

Looks good cabeaumont, do you happen to have any luggage scales (ie not bathroom ones) to weigh it as thats the only thing putting me off atm. The 26″ BOS one came up a bit heavy in MBR this month compared to the others although was still the best apparently but I am lazy and weak so need lightness heh

cabeaumont

Unfortunately i don’t have anything to weigh it with other than the bathroom scales dlr – can give it a bash though as an indication!?!

sharkattack

The BOS is worth the weight penalty in my opinion. Not sure how much of a penalty it is but I’m in no hurry to go back to a ‘major brand’. Can’t wait to sell my Stumpjumper and be fully BOS’d out!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘YT Ind Wicked pro’ is closed to new replies.