Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I know it was a freebie, but **** nora that was tight!
  • rockhopperbike

Happily won a Vredstein tyre a few weeks ago, tubeless folding jobby, anyway had another few blocks of tread rip from my High roller, so thought I would nip out to garage and throw the new rubber on.

Mavic 317 – gotta be the easiest rim for tyres in the world, Snapped a Park tyre lever and spent probably 15 mins getting it finished – on the upside- sealed tubeless 1st time no sponge or soapy suds

Anyway, its on now – **** knows how I’m gonna get it off again if I ever have to.

Anyone used these tyres – Black panther extreme. how do they seem – bit dark for a test ride now!

RustySpanner

Mine weren’t too bad.

Regards,
    Huey Newton.

Btw, try a set of Schwalbe Marathon sometime – they are really, really awful to fit.

tthew

Schwalbe Marathon sometime – they are really, really awful to fit.

Oh dear. My dad just bought a pair of those for his Dutch bike on my recommendation. That’ll be a job for me next weekend then. 😐

Rachel.

RustySpanner

There’s a video on the Spa Cycles website showing the best method of fitting the Marathon Plus. 😀

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUFVrl0UT4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-XUFVrl0UT4[/video]

The standard ones are much easier!

Regards,
    Anthony Buckeridge.

andrewh
    Free Member

tubeless folding jobby

mental image there.
    guessing you don’t know jobby is the Scottish word for a turd? I had this pointed out to me after I moved up there and used it inappropriately on a number of occassions,causing much hilarity,none of which I understood

tthew

Rusty,

He ordered them from Spa Cycles and has already seen that video. He was impressed by the beard, I was impressed by the use of toe-straps.

Not that anyone I know has actually OWNED a pair of toe-straps for about 20 years. Do Spa pop a pair in the box, like Wiggle do Haribo?

Yours,
    Joanna Lumley.

JoeG
    Free Member

I read the title as Hora…

coatesy
    Free Member

I stopped watching the video when he said it doesn’t matter where you start putting the second bead on. If you start at the valve, it prevents the tyre dropping fully into the well, and robs you of a little slack that may be the difference between a tight fit and an impossible one.Starting opposite the valve has allowed me to fit many tyres that customers have declared impossible/broken umpteen tyre levers etc, just using bare hands.(opposite obviously applies for removal, break the bead, push into well, and start removal at the valve.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I know it was a freebie, but **** nora that was tight!’ is closed to new replies.