• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Newness from Enigma
  • Kryton57

Hubba Hubba:

scotroutes

V nice!!

Bit confused by this though…..

clearance for 38c tyres

Kryton57

Its a new standard, haven’t you heard? 😀

mangoridebike

There seems to be something odd going on with the saddle angle vs bar height in that picture.

Not sure what, maybe it’s that once the forks are sagged the saddle will be pointing down slightly? Or that the bars seem to be quite high?

Nit picking I know, on what is a lovely looking bike

wwaswas

fair amount of BB drop, too.

they do make a nice looking frame, though 🙂

Nobby

There seems to be something odd going on with the saddle angle vs bar height in that picture.

Doesn’t strike me as being as good looking as their previous offerings. ❓

Kryton57

I think posting on here has squashed the horizontal slightly, it looks better on the site.

adsh
    Free Member

I’m a great fan of Enigma and I like the idea of a UK based (I didn’t say built!) Ti frame but I wonder what level of ride testing etc went into it. I have this slight suspicion that there forte is road and the mtb is not their strength.

mikey74
    Free Member

That is a very ordinary looking frame. It probably looks better in real life I imagine.

Kryton57

Hmm. No 26er listed on the website now. Does tha mean I own my first retrobike? 😀

Nobby

I think posting on here has squashed the horizontal slightly, it looks better on the site.

Nah, reckon it’s the wrong sized wheels 😉

Still looks ‘odd’ on their website too.

bland

Agh, was expecting some french electronic music!

trail_rat
    Free Member

good to see a uk custom frame builder adopting a decent wheel size though

i approached a wellknown rohloff frame builder about building a 29er a few years back – 2008 infact- i wanted a carbon copy of my gary fisher with rohloff capibility

not interested as “29ers are a fad” depsite the fact id been riding one since 2004.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m building myself a 29er at the moment 😉

Northwind

Inline seatpost and saddle shoved far forward on the rails even for publicity shots?

mboy
    Free Member

Saw it at the cycle show, truly stunning build quality.

Shame they didn’t pay much attention to detail on things like tyre clearance (a 2″ tyre had no mud room to speak of), the seat angle is a bit slack and the BB is probably a bit low even for a 29er.

That said, I suppose for a bit extra you can have totally custom geometry (and presumably some tyre clearance)…

EDIT: it just made me want a Kinesis Sync Ti even more to be fair!

trail_rat
    Free Member

it wasnt you ben – bit bigger than kinetics operation i think 😉

rewski
    Free Member

I went to the open day and saw it in the flesh, it’s a lovely bike, faultless build quality, I went for the Kinesis Sync Ti, it ticked all the boxes and more to be honest, this book looks interesting 73 degrees.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xqLXu55cGI[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j37csCFkCSM[/video]

dragon
    Free Member

faultless build quality

What does that mean? Ti has a nasty habit of cracking at poor quality welds, but you’d never be able to whether they were dodgy by eye.

MoreCashThanDash

Must be Monday – so many people with their glasses half empty today 🙁

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

THAT. Is the first ever Enigma I can say I’ve ever truly liked.

Nice. 8)

Kryton57

The 26er wasn’t bad, not that I’m biased….

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Oooohh… I hadn’t seen that one before ^ 😆

I thought Enigma was all about noodly steel, fragile looking paint jobs and uber nicheness.

Didn’t realise it was simply a case of pick two (the uber nicheness not being optional).

Edit: Having checked their website – I think I may be getting all mixed up with Singular 😳

Kryton57

Lol!

Although you do have a point, they are much more extensive in road frames/bikes than they are MTB.

mboy
    Free Member

faultless build quality
    What does that mean? Ti has a nasty habit of cracking at poor quality welds, but you’d never be able to whether they were dodgy by eye.

Ok, but the welds were as good if not better than any I’ve seen before, and all the little details (cable stops, tube bends etc) were superb too. Just like I said, shame about lack of tyre clearance, on that note the Kinesis Sync has a big advantage!

Kuco

Does it come in 650b 🙂

scotroutes

So 38C might be accurate after all?

rewski
    Free Member

Does it come in 650b

the sync does, if you’re a small

Kuco

Yep i’m a shorty. Currently got one of their Ego Ti’s.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Newness from Enigma’ is closed to new replies.