Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • I gots me Nexus 7 this ere morning..
  • glenh
    Free Member

Bought the New iPad.

I know, how pathetic, I’ve succumb to the world of i.Yet since I’ve had it I’ve been able to stream radio and get on t’internet op the train “like” as it has a sim in it, (the Nexus doesn’t have that option) …….You can’t really, in all honesty, compare the two, I mean one is designed for wifi only and one is designed for people on the move (me)

My nexus 7 gets gets streaming media and all other types of internet goodies on the train. I just switch on bluetooth and it gets t’internet from my phone. Simples.

I’ve got an ipad too, but I’m selling it as, while it’s great, it’s too big to carry around (imo).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahhh, bluetooth.. Me no thinkie of that.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I bought an iPad3. I miss android.

jonba
    Free Member

I got flash by installing firefox as an alternate browser then downloading a flash plugin. Worked easily enough but not exactly neat.

spudly1979
    Free Member

@Chomp – can you just connect a USB stick (via an adaptor i guess) to the micro usb slot? Or does the nexus need to be rooted?

I’d have one of these by now if i wasn’t having major issues with the bike again!

Selled
    Free Member

So, lucky I read this! I was about to order a Mexus 7 this evening for my wife. Primary use would be iplayer. Can anyone confirm whether or not they have got web version of iplayer working yet, it appears not so far?

I_Ache
    Free Member

OK so its got Gorilla glass and a slightly better resolution but other than that why should I buy one over one of these?

http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/tablet-pc/ainol-novo-7-aurora-2-android-4-0-7-ips-tablet.html#

llama

no iplayer app

iplayer website works with firefox beta if you install flash separately and get firefox to ‘request desktop site’. Using flash+ff beta like this seems to be occasionally unstable.

itv player works

no sky go or c4od apps

myplayer works for live TV (~2 quid)

brant
    Free Member

So, lucky I read this! I was about to order a Mexus 7 this evening for my wife. Primary use would be iplayer. Can anyone confirm whether or not they have got web version of iplayer working yet, it appears not so far?

indeed.

Not.

brant
    Free Member

itv player works

i had a mare trying to get it to work fullscreen. Would only work in portrait mode.

glenh
    Free Member

I’ve got iplayer and flash (needed for iplayer) on mine (although flash doesn’t work in Chrome browser of course, you need to install a different browser).
    It’s easy to install them, you just need them from somewhere other than the market (I just copied them from my phone).

If you really can’t get hold of them send me an email.

To be honest though, I hope that fact that Adobe have dropped flash support for Android will hasten its death.
    I’m fairly sure that the BBC will bring out a non-flash version of iplayer for android soon anyway, since all new devices won’t have it.

colande
    Free Member

if anyone wants to be able to use usb pendrives,
    here’s a great guide on rooting the nexus

i did it and it was simple (honestly was easy, just watch the video aa few times and get everything set)
    install “stickmount” after and you get OTG usb access,

CountZero

If money wasn’t an issue and I could only have one I’d poss go for the iPad3, however money is an issue and I like the ability to read of USB.

You can do this with the iPad; You need the camera kit adaptor, which has two versions, one to take SD cards, the other has a standard USB socket, so you just shove the drive in, copy, then take it out. Easy.

duffmiver
    Free Member

llama – Member

myplayer works for live TV (~2 quid)
    TV Catchup is good for live tv (free).

bikebouy
    Free Member

You little techy buggers..

Flashdashsinglesmash..

All “I downloaded it, ner ner” and “eat my pants luddite”..

I’ve bought an iPad3 now so bahooogeroff.

I_Ache
    Free Member

So are there really no reasons or was my question missed?

OK so its got Gorilla glass and a slightly better resolution but other than that why should I buy one over one of these?

http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/tablet-pc/ainol-novo-7-aurora-2-android-4-0-7-ips-tablet.html#

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm… maybe the Nexus is endorsed by that emerging company “google”

Dunno.. and dunno the differences neithers..

jonba
    Free Member

The endorsed by google swung it for me.

I can find my way around a computer especially with the aid internet forums but I didn’t really fancy a punt on something that would have questionable backup and support.

The fact that google have probably tested the nexus and several million other people are also using it means I’m more likely to get a quality product.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘I gots me Nexus 7 this ere morning..’ is closed to new replies.