Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • i find it all very sad and embarressing…..
  • rOcKeTdOg

I find it hard to believe …actually i don’t at all really,_ that elfin is using the tragedy of peoples livelyhoods and homes being lost as a platform to score points against people on here

Really you should be ashamed of yourself

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

elfin is using the tragedy of peoples livelyhoods and homes being lost as a platform to score points against people on here

He’s not. He is merely standing up for the city he lives in and which he is proud of. I’m sure you’ll agree it’s rare that I would defend the usually inane-ranting loon that is FredBraElf, but in this I shall. He is not “using” anything here, and certainly not what is currently happening in London.

philconsequence
    Free Member

well i grew up in church crookham, the best place in the world, better than london, i’m right, no point arguing with me as i’m always right.

🙄

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    wow… what inflated levels of self-importance.
    something not-uncommon for people from london i’ve noticed.

So where does yours come from then?

Is it such a great city to live in if you’re not as fortunate?
    Erm, yes. As proven by me!

Perhaps in order to live happily in London you really have to emotionally commit to it? Like to a perennially losing football team. Not surprisingly you then fall in to some of the parochial tosh posted above.
    See, I think that’s a load of tosh what you’ve posted, but then we’re all different, aren’t we? Something never more apparent than when in London.

Abnd this:

The combination of excessive self-regard whilst ignoring other people and the social and structural problems around them that many Londoners have is not very attractive.
    My personal experience is that it is actually easier to mix with ‘other’ people in London than it seems to be elsewhere. I certainly noticed a greater gulf between different groups whilst in New York.

Rational and critical thought really isn’t your strong point.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Really you should be ashamed of yourself

No; you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to suggest that that is what I am/would be doing.

I’d like you to explain your insulting and ignorant comments please.

Rational and critical thought really isn’t your strong point.

Wibblybibblybob. Scrottock. Belk!

No, perhaps you’re right. 😐

richie_boy
    Free Member

i wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this thread

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

All this ‘greatest city in the world’ stuff is pure jingoism anyway. Been to every other city to compare it? Thought not.

Have you, to qualify your counter?

Thought not….

Inmteresting that in any argument of this type, people spout crap but don’t actually present any other city on earth as being greater…

i didn’t counter it, as claiming any city as the best in the world is ridiculous. its an immesurable concept, one which is a complete personal construct. i quite like london, its rather interesting. but i prefer edinburgh, and globally speaking tokyo and shanghai are far ‘better’ than london, in my opinion.

so your assertion that

There truly is no greater city than London. FACT. It’ll take more than riots to topple it from it’s perch.

is wrong. its your opinion, its not a

FACT

😀

brassneck

Especially as it’s actually Barcelona 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

no… i’m right, you know i am.. there’s no point arguing with me.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Peace.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

As I’ve said on another thread, my son lives in Camden & has done for the last 3 years. Like any dad, I love him to bits, but I haven’t been to see him & It’s not cos I can’t be arsed either.
    I have been 4 times & each time I just could not wait to get away. Each to their own but I’d rather have a tooth out.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘i find it all very sad and embarressing…..’ is closed to new replies.