Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I can't lift my big toe
  • Oggles
    Free Member

…and it is driving me mad!

In the right foot. I can point it down. There's no pain or swelling, I can walk fine, and I seem to have full range of movement in other toes. No recent accidents, bike or otherwise. Has anyone had this and was it cycling related?

Especially when driving, I usually wiggle my toes around when they're pressed on the pedals for long periods of time and it is so annoying not being able to do it.

Thanks Dr. STW (will be making an appointment to the real ones if it continues)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I seem to have full range of movement in other toes.

So you can curl up all the toes in your right foot, but your big toe stays flat ? ………… weird 😕

Maybe you've had a stroke 💡

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Big deal 😛

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Agghhh!!!
    What i was trying to post was, Big deal 😛 i snapped the tendon in my left big toe when i was 13/14 and haven't been able to lift it since!

Mind you, i have had my big toes surgically broken, pinned and reset straight due to having CMT – now my toes are forever straight as they no longer bend. Due to me being a knob and walking around barefoot after bieng told not to, i managed to stub my toe, fold the damn thing right under my foot and snap the tendon.

It hurt a little….

Go see your Doc.

coffeeking
    Free Member

muddy – that makes me wince. I ALWAYS walk about barefoot if I can! Bit of a freak incident. Whats CMT?

colnagokid

Sounds a bit like a problem I had last year….

Started like that with the toe, then got worse untill I couldnt lift my right foot- like bend it up- but could bend it down OK. No pain , swelling etc., but I ended up walking awkwardly, kept stybbing toes etc.
    Went to see Dr.-"dropped foot" he says, move your foot, and go swimming.
    Didnt go swimming, and it sort of went away itself, after 6 weeks or so.
    Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I can't lift my big toe’ is closed to new replies.