Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I am tempted to try a 29er…………
  • Toombsy
    Free Member

…..should I?

I like the look of the Gary Fisher full sus 29er

Would it be a good winter bike?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

If it's got gears then no 😕

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Why not? though I doubt the logic of getting a ful-sus of any kind as a winter bike.

Definitely try one though, I'm using a rigid SS 29er as my only MTB at the moment and it's good enough that I don't miss my 26er hardtail

Waves at Johnclimber, I'm the twonk who was riding around with my camelback open at SSUK, that's a lovely Jones you have

rOcKeTdOg

and your Jones currently sports gears doesn't it john?

coogan
    Free Member

Why not? though I doubt the logic of getting a ful-sus of any kind as a winter bike.

Why? Run full suss through many a winter.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

I've done it once and spent a fortune on knackered pivots and shock bushes, but I'm in the clay-fest that is Northants 🙁 Hence rigid and SS

coogan
    Free Member

Fair enough. I live and ride in Scotland. So its winter for about 80% is the year! Turner bushings rock. 8)

garlic
    Free Member

Maybe. how tall are you? I cycle with a guy who rides a 29" Scandal. S**t off a shovel. Maybe another option.

singlespeedstu

29ers are for freakish attention whores.

charliedontsurf

Yeah, try it, you will love it.
    There is less need for rear sus on a big wheeler, and rear sus is not my thing…. but crack on, 29ers not only rock, they roll too.

garlic
    Free Member

Quite impressed with the dudes climbing ability. He's the only guy who beats me up a hill and i reckon he's about 15 years older than me. I ride a mk1 intense tracer.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Siren Cycles do a lush 29er softail. Very, very nice indeed. Colour options are good too. Bit out of my price range though 🙁

They've also been used on the GDR route.

Siren 29er Softail Cycles

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I am tempted to try a 29er…………’ is closed to new replies.