Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • I always thought I was 5ft2
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

But I got measured this morning at just over 5ft3. I'm strangely upset that I'm taller than I thought I was!

mrsflash
    Free Member

PS yes I am bored and there is no-one in the office to talk to.

nickc

I found out recently that I'm shorter than I thought I was from 5'11 to 5'10.

We balance out… 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Congratulations. Keep going like that and you'll catch me up in a few decades 😉

(Clubber @ 6'5" which is exactly what I've been since 14 and it's not changed yet…)

Daffy

Hey Mrsflash, So you're pracitcally lanky now eh?…how does it feel to be taller?

Daffy

Clubber – you were 6'5" at 14!?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I know, in another couple of years I'll not be far off 6ft! Frightening. I always thought you got shorter as you got older as well 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

I feel a bit lightheaded. I think it may be altitude sickness.

timdrayton
    Free Member

i always thought i was 5,6

then got measured up properly for a roadbike at 5,5…. gutted

then whilst in the bike same shop they happened to weigh my hardtail (which they were working on) which i had smugly said was "about 21 pounds"

24…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I found out recently that I'm shorter than I thought I was from 5'11 to 5'10.

me too 🙁 I was measuring my son's height to see if he was taller than me yet (no) in the traditional way by making a mark on the doorpost, and then we got the tape measure 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I was measuring myself the other day as well, and was pleasantly surprised.

DezB
    Free Member

Is this the place for a rude joke about length?

er..
    IGMC!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I am comforting myself with the fact that the measurer wasn't pressed down very well on the top of my head, so maybe my hair was accounting for that extra inch and a bit.

clubber
    Free Member

Clubber – you were 6'5" at 14!?

Yep!

I regularly got questioned whether I should be in the J14 category when racing…

On the plus side, I made a lot of commission going to the Offy for mates 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've only seen you in person once, but I'd have sworn you were considerably taller even than 5'3". Ah well…. 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

I've only seen you in person once, but I'd have sworn you were considerably taller even than 5'3".

Are you sure it was me??

BigDummy
    Free Member

Reasonably convinced. Hit The North I think.

It may simply be that I am a bad judge of height. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, Flashheart, you didn't let me down. 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

i thought you were very ickle mrs.f but ive recently found out im 5'10 when i thought i was 5'8 so that would have had you at five one lol .

hope your bike still fits 😉

johnners
    Free Member

Well mrsf, it's dropped your BMI a bit. Easy as that.

mamadirt
    Free Member

hope your bike still fits

Excuse to buy another I reckon – go for it Mrs F! 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

Bigdummy if I was crying in a corner feeling sorry for myself then yes, it was me 🙂

Mick, what if I get home and my bikes don't fit! scary!

I like your thinking Mamad 😀

Jonners I was pleasantly suprised that their scales weighted me at less than ours do, so what with the height gain and weight loss my BMI is indeed a v healthy just under 20.

damion
    Free Member

Blimey, that extra inch would have made my day. I'm still at 5'2". Who measured you I want a go! I still get grow bags jokes at 32. As for the offy, I got asked for ID ooh, about 6 months ago.

I went to get measured propperly for a pair of running shoes a little while ago, went in a confident size 6, came out a disappointed 5 🙁

gonefishin
    Free Member

But I got measured this morning…

You are taller in the morning than the evening. Your spine gets compressed during the day when you are upright and lengthens at night when you are sleeping.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

that extra inch would have made my day

*snigger…..*

firestarter
    Free Member

you'll have to sell them to some short ar5e now your one of the tall crowd 😉

wors

You are taller in the morning than the evening.

i am usually a few inches bigger when i wake up 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Mrs Flash, if you are taller will all of your old clothes still fit?

It was Hit the North what did it. 12 hours of standing in s#it.

BTW at the next HtN will people say hello to me, Terrahawk and the others. To us it felt like we were at somebody else's wedding with 500 guests that we didn't know.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i judge how hard my day has been by how much i have to alter the mirror in the car when i get in it to drive home. I shrink more when i've lifted more/walked further than if i've sat down all day

GrahamS

You are taller in the morning than the evening.

Yeah, but you are heavier at night.

So measure your BMI in the morning for best results 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

Mrs Flash, if you are taller will all of your old clothes still fit?

ooooh a whole new wardrobe. There are obviously upsides to this growing lark!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yeah, but you are heavier at night.

surely that depends on what time of day you poo? 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Don't go buying them just yet. There will be 2 HtNs next year, so you could end up 5'5".

mrsflash
    Free Member

I'll keep a firm hold on my wallet until after the HTNs. Perhaps we should run a book on how tall I will end up??

Harry_the_Spider

Our first punter! Get in touch nearer the time and you can have a free entry for HtN1.5 (rev 2)

mrsflash
    Free Member

Well how very kind of you. Presumably now I'm officially tall it will be an adult entry and everything?

GrahamS

surely that depends on what time of day you poo?

Nah, itcha "gravitational pull of the sun" wot does it, innit luv?

Harry_the_Spider

Try to keep the growth spurts to a minimum between now and February. There are a number of low branches.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Adult entry?
    Spurts?

This thread is pure filth.

mrsflash
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘I always thought I was 5ft2’ is closed to new replies.