Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hypnotherapy anyone?
  • ton

anyone used hypnotherapy for anything?
    to stop smoking, or biting your nails or anything else.

does it work?, you thoughts please.

scaredypants

I can get on all fours and howlat the full moon

…suppose you could call it therapy

(what’s it for Ton? – though I guess it works for some people rather than some things)

jonk

Had it to stop smoking 4 years ago. Had one ‘blip’ where i went back but been fine and it worked. If your thinking about having it to loose weight then you need quite few sessions to target your different habits. I used a lady in rammy called Helen James who is very good.

theotherjonv

my wife used natal hypnotherapy to control pain in birthing both our children.

It’s not quite the same as behavioural hypno, more deep relaxation / power of the mind to control and block out the bad and focus on the benefit of why your body is doing what it does. i was sceptical, I’ll admit but the first was born unaided and with no pain relief at all; the second needed some gas and air at the end mainly because the doctor who’d stitched her after #1 had bodged it and there was too much scar tissue to allow her to stretch. So she needed gas and air while they cut a v of scar tissue out (nice). I was absolutely converted after that because it wasn’t that she was bearing the pain well, just that it was never that intense. Amazing thing, the mind….

She did also use a tens machine but only for part of it, after which i annoyed her by telling her to turn it up. She tore the controller off and threw it at me and that was that for the tens experiment.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I used it to quit smoking, it worked very well. I had one blip and a top up session. I haven’t smoked the 6 years since. It was more of a relaxation session with some mental tools thrown in, to stop that “just one drag” situation. I also came away with a relaxation CD which I have used a few times since, when I’ve been stressed. I swear I have never managed to listen to the whole thing, I just fall to sleep. I’m fairly confident that I haven’t been up to anything during these asleep moments.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hypnotherapy anyone?’ is closed to new replies.