Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Hydration packs. Name yours.
  • jruk
    Free Member

A Rogue here. Although I really should call it “horrible stinky bag that smells of crap” at the moment. May be forced to wash it again (is twice in two years OK?).

JoeG
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor 10 now. Had a couple of Camelbak MULEs prior.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Camelbak HAWG about 4 years old, and a Dakine Shuttle (was free with a mag sub) for short blasts.

kristoff
    Free Member

Camelbak Mule NV for me. Had it for about a year now, great pack plenty of space for an all day ride and light enough not to be a hindrance.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dakine drafter

singletracksurfer

Wingnut here. Other packs just feel clumpy and annoying with the weight up around my shoulder blades now. That see are lots of other bags with great features and cost less, but I love the fact I don’t notice the Wingnut when riding.

honourablegeorge

Used a Camelbak Mayhem for years, it was extraordinarily well put together, I sold it when I was given an Evoc pack as a gift, and there was no sign of wear and tear on it whatsoever.

Evoc Enduro now, really well made and really confortable.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Osprey with a bottle not a stupid bag full of water.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

yeah cos a bottle holds loads and doesn’t dig in what so ever!!

fathomer

I’ve got an Ergon BX2 I think (with Camlebak bladder), really comfy but internally it’s not very well thought out and difficult to get at stuff. Planning on getting a Camlebak Charge or Volt.

purser_mark
    Free Member

I’ve used Hydropacks for years

They last pretty well and used to be cheaper than Camel stuff…..am I the only one 😳

northernerindevon

I recently went from an old Camelbak Mule (with 3l Antidote bladder) to an Osprey Raptor 14. They both great packs but overall the Osprey just takes it. It has some great features (the toolroll in the bottom of the pack – removable if needs be), the little magnet on the hose that attachs to the sternum strap, the ease of getting the bladder in and out. The bladder itself is pretty good too. 14l is big enough for all dayers and the storage pockets on the waist strap are useful to stash Haribo in! It’s wider and doesn’t sit as proud from your back as a fully packed MULE. Pretty impressed overall. YMMV!

Rogan Josh – seriously? Seems the worst of both worlds. What’s so bad about a bladder? You don’t have to stop to drink, you can hold more, like rob jackson says, it doesn’t dig in & you can use it as a pillow when bivvying.

sandwicheater

North Face Megamouth. A few years old but wearing well. Think i’ve a Cambleback bladder in it. Reckon I’ll go Osprey if/when it dies which will be no time soon. Recently not been wearing a bag, just a quick 2 hour blast near home and haven’t been arsed.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

EVOC 10cc pack for everyday riding, used with a Camelbak 3L bladder. EVOC nice and low profile, plenty big enough for most occasions.

Camelbak Hawg NV when I want to take my SLR camera or more stuff than I probably need for safety’s sake. Feels huge after wearing my EVOC pack.

honourablegeorge

sandwicheater – Member

North Face Megamouth.

Is that the one with the solid frame inside? Didn’t much like that.

benjii19
    Free Member

Looks like its between a mule and a raptor now…….just got to hold off till after xmas. Otherwise nobodies getting anything.

Northwind

I’ve got an old Camelbak Chaos, it is brilliant but discontinued, not sure you can still get them. Wee bit heavy but tough as old boots, good pockets, nice compact size but still holds a lot of stuff, external straps etc. Nothing I’d change on it I think.

Wozza
    Free Member

Camelbak HAWG. Built like a tank and never struggles to fit stuff in it and has compression straps for lighter days.

Prior to that I had a MULE and it was a choice between Waterproof, Tool/Spares and Lunch. Pick two. 😐

£67 at Merlin

DezB
    Free Member

Another Osprey Raptor here.
    Bite valve not quite as good as Camelbak but the pack is much better.

smett72

Deuter Race EXP Air and Lowepro Sport 200

avdave2

Wingnut

kiwijohn

Dakine drafter

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Wingnut here too.
    Love it.

neninja
    Free Member

I have too many hydration packs (my wife tells me).

Use a Camelbak Rogue for local/trail centre rides

Got an Osprey Raptor 10 for when I need to carry more kit/clothing and an old HAWG NV for all day rides.

Also got a Source hydration pack when hardly ever gets used.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve had a dakine nomad for years and it’s great. Comfy and has enough space, plus the bladder/hose is good.I like how you can easily carry a helmet on it as well.

andeh

Dakine Nomad, is good.

clubber
    Free Member

Camelbak Octane XCT – really lightweight but still takes what I need for a full day’s riding including a 3L reservoir. Also, it has hip/side pockets which I find really useful on the bike meaning that you can access things without having to always take the pack off.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad

drover
    Free Member

Dakine Shuttle

dragon
    Free Member

Camelback Chaos which is as mentioned above is brilliant.

Camelback Rogue (v. old) which is rubbish, no waist strap so it moves around a lot.

Berghaus Vapour (15L), which has some nice features, but must be the least waterproof pack ever, it’s hardly even showerproof. Like all Berghaus rucksacks I’ve had, it has annoying flaws, that make you wonder if they ever tested it outside the design office.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

North Face Hammerhead(camo) getting on for 5years old now still going strong got a source bladder in at mo prob go for osprey next(not anytime soon)

tomhoward

Camelbak rogue for short trips, hawg nv for everything else (not just riding) great bag. The new volt LR with the bladder set low down has perked my interest though.

Dear Santa, I’ve be a reasonably good boy this year….

Yours, a camelbak fanboi.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Osprey Viper for most duties, excellent packs with some neat features.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I got the Lezyne Great Divide.
    The bag itself I love, the bladder has since been replaced.

Big enough for my days out so far! – Sturdy enough too!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Evoc 10cc. Perfect bag for all occasions.

I also have a Camelbak Rogue which has been great.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Evoc 10cc. Perfect bag for all occasions.

+ 1.

Cannot fault mine, as already mentioned its nice & low-profile.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Brokeback.

peakrill
    Free Member

Camelbak Hawg NV uf it’s a long enough ride to justify a bladder otherwise nowt.

Pros:
    Roomy
    Comfortable even when stuffed and on hot days
    Cons:
    Always tempting to take too much stuff
    Bladder can be a faff to get back in with a fullish bag

nwill1
    Free Member

Surely it’s not which is most popular but which is best??? Evoc FR 16l, love it.

martinhutch

Camelbak Unbottle in a tiny Berghaus pack. Cold water on hot days is nice, not sure it’s worth the weight of the extra padding though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Hydration packs. Name yours.’ is closed to new replies.