Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Humbling bail last night :(
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

All’s been going quite well in terms of development recently, I feel like sticking it out through a sloppy winter has paid off. I’m faster, more confident and more leaney in turns than ever before.

And then it happened.

Near the end of the ride I overleaned to the left before needing to do the opposite a second later with a tree coming up close. Clipped my bars, did a wonky endo and ended up landing on the end of my bar (which was vertical at this point) on that bit of flesh just north of the ol’ tadger. All of my body weight came down on it, I have grazes where grazes should never be and I’m sat here with peas on the area in question.

🙁

MarkyG82

Ouch!

Edit: get well soon.

wwaswas

*winces*

HermanShake
    Free Member

You know it’s serious when your mates don’t even stifle a chuckle! Cheers Mark.

I’m very glad to have caps in the end of my bars, I dread to think what a hollow bar would have done 😯

turboferret

After a similar incident DHing years ago, and developing what appeared to be a 3rd gonad from fluid build-up escaping from a ruptured vein, you have my sympathy!

Cheers, Rich

Speshpaul

If you’re not crashing you’re not trying:-)

I ended up with some quite spectacular bruising in the gentlemans area a few years back. As the missis said black, that makes a change!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thats pretty unlucky! Hope the peas help.

portlyone

Ow 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Careful you don’t get frozen plums from your frozen peas!

teasel
    Free Member

a 3rd gonad

🙂

Scaramangatastic…!

jools182
    Free Member

owwww

thats given me that funny retracting feeling in my nuts

dashed
    Free Member

This thread is useless without photos.

No, wait.

Wrong thread.

Carry on…

ads678

Take away the pain but leave the swelling eh!!

My mate did a similar thing a while back but ended up with his brake lever puncturing his thigh!!!!!!!! 😯

muddyground
    Free Member

Similar but managed instead to hit the end of a scaffold pole being used as a gate – broke a rib in the first ten minutes of a two week cycling holiday. Rather that than the nuts though. Ouch! GWS 😀

HermanShake
    Free Member

Ruptured vein 😯

Dashed, I don’t think teh modz will take kindly to GoPro footage of my…howyousay?…chiller cabinet fruit n veg.

The Dr who phoned back (no appointments today) happened to be the same attractive Dr Rushden I saw about back spasms the other week. It’s a bit embarrassing explaining that I’ve injured myself on my bicycle again 😳 But at least I didn’t have to flop the jewels out to her at the practise! I probably would have had to ask for a male Dr instead to prevent further embarrassment.

Tracey

I once had a big black bruise from hiting the stem, glad I was a girl.

billysugger
    Free Member

I dread to think what a hollow bar would have done

15 stitches about 6 inches right of my manhood is my experience. Flesh hanging out and all. I still rode (freewheeled) home though. “Err can someone give me a lift to A&E”

soulwood
    Free Member

I had a similar injury some years back. Dropped into a descent on first sight, leaning well back, seat post not dropped, and hit something solid about halfway down. I didn’t go OTB because my weight was back, instead I hit the back of the saddle with full force, just above the crown jewels. It was definitely one of those “just get back on and ride” moments. The next day the affected area was a lovely shade of purple and black. I went to see my GP and he said that I should probably give a rest for a week or two, if I was to hit the same area again I could suffer an hernia. If you google hernia’s then you will rest for a week or two I guarantee it!

tonyg2003

One of my riding buddies had a big off a month or so ago. I landed hard on his undercarriage but got back on. Next he noticed that his shorts we wet and had a look. He was pissing blood at a serious rate. By the time he rode home it looked like something from a horror movie and his missus had to take him to A&E.

tonyd

Ouch, get well soon OP.

tonyg2003 – Member
    I landed hard on his undercarriage but got back on.

I really hope that’s a typo!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I once had a big black bruise from hiting the stem, glad I was a girl.

What are you now? 😉

tonyg2003

:oops:Typo

Rickos
    Free Member

I hit a tree at the bottom of a steep section on Wednesday night. Hanging off the back (like you do) meant my tallywhacker area went into the back of the saddle with enough force to twist the seatpost round.

Nice bruise at the base of said tallywhacker at the moment. Lucky I wasn’t an inch higher up as it’d ripped my bollix clean off.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Just googled “hernia” 😯

I had one as a baby, the Dr left gauze in my scrotum and no one could figure out why I was crying so much until my Mum insisted I was seen to.

The other bail stories have made me grateful it wasn’t worse, quite some horror stories here.

Regardless of your gender or progress in the reassignment procedure I wish you all safe, injury free rides!

tonyd

the Dr left gauze in my scrotum

Holy sh*t!!! I’m trying hard not to imagine how painful that would be, and not being able to tell anyone about it…..

HermanShake
    Free Member

Luckily I have no recollection!

takisawa2

Man up man.

(Not in the man-love way though)

HermanShake
    Free Member

But it really, really hurt! 😥

I was waiting for a MTFU.

The peas are doing their job, hopefully I’ll be back to my 2 balled self again. Shredding the gnar, schralping and generally crushing in a slightly mincey kind of way.

thegman67

That happened last summer to a friend of my cousin at GT at the start of Spooky descent he landed on his bar end he was rushed to hospital where he had his spleen removed and a punctured lung.

nacho
    Free Member

this thread has made me wince several times, can anyone recommend any bar ends wiht a nice spongy bit on the end 😛

HermanShake
    Free Member

Gman: OOOFFF!

I think I’ve found the answer…

wwaswas

any bar ends wiht a nice spongy bit on the end

at least spread the load a bit;

cheshirecat
    Free Member

My son fell onto the end of his bars on holiday 18 months ago – right into the bit between nads and top of leg. Cue trip to French hospital and comedy translations of handlebars etc.

Luckily he had caps on his bars – hate to think what would have happened if they hadn’t been in place.

As an eight year old, he was very amused by the way the bruising spread around his bits….

mrdestructo

I once worked canvassing selling pvc windows and we knocked up this woman who just needed to talk. She had just lost her fiance (a motorbiker) who on his commute at about 5mph in traffic on a straight trunk road hit black ice and went down, landing on his handlebar over his heart, damaging his valve and dying at the scene. We didn’t get the chance to ask if he rode open ended bars.

mattjg
    Free Member

I spent some time in hospital due to a nasty biking injury that nearly cost me a hand. The surgeons told me mountain bikers were their third largest patient group, after footballers and motor cyclists.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Humbling bail last night :(’ is closed to new replies.