Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hudl 2 best alternative
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

We have a hudl 2 and it is great we want to buy my parents one for Christmas. Seen as tesco’s no longer sell them what similarly priced android tablet do people recomend.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kindle fire? 8″ is £100 ATM.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

isn’t the hudl 3 due just b4 Xmas?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Tescos have announced they will not do a hudl 3 sadly.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

You could buy Hudls on Friday.

edit: now you can’t.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Kindle’s are the best bet if you are friends with Amazon.

Some folk are not, so will need to look a bit harder

the-muffin-man

isn’t the hudl 3 due just b4 Xmas?

Tesco have dropped the Hudl completely – there will be no Hudl 3.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Nexus 7. Xperia range of tablets both crackers

Stoner
    Free Member

Its disappointing, there’s no slamdunk option out there at the moment.

N7s are getting towards obsolete. The nexus 9 is too big and expensive, despite decent spec. I wont have a Samsung. Lenovo screens arent the strongest I gather. And since phones are so big now, there’s not the depth of market in China for OEM manufacturers to put out high quality low cost units like the Jiayu phone.

Fortunately my Hudl2 is soldiering on quite well despite its battery performance starting to wane. I might see if there are decent aftermarket replacement batteries. EDIT: £9-15 on eBay, and a doddle to fit by the look of a youtube vid. Looks like that’s what I’ll be doing to extend the life of my H2

iainc

I had an original Hudl, bought a battery from ebay and it was no better than the knackered one. Was going flat after a couple of hrs use. The Lenovo lasts for ages, so all good so far.

stumpy01

The Amazon Fire tablet is heavily customised to be used with Amazon, as I understand it. My sister-in-law has got one, and it seems quite heavy and cludgy.

I’ve got an LG GPad 8.3 which is a great tablet. I think that the latest version is pitched a little lower in terms of spec & finish, but it’s still a good tablet.
    I think the 8″ version is £150, while the 7″ is around £100 but has only 8Gb memory (micro SD slot though).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hudl 2 best alternative’ is closed to new replies.