Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • htc, iPhone or Blackberry
  • boxelder

Sorry, but as a luddite, 'brick' phone user, I need some advice. Work are supplying me a posh phone and I have the choice of:
    iPhone
    htc desire (I think)
    Blackberry (bold, i think)

Any thoughts?

Ta

GrahamS

What do you need it for workwise?

disco_stu
    Free Member

ive got a htc desire as my own phone and a blackberry 9700 through work.
    id go for the htc any day of the week over the blackberry.
    Never used an iphone tho but I'm sure it'll do pretty much the same as the htc.

organic355
    Free Member

Yawn, havent we done this already?

highclimber
    Free Member

if you are using it for work I would go for the Bold 9700. its easier to type on than the iphone IMO. not used the HTC but my mate has the desire and says its pretty good too

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Do not go for the Blackberry. Had one forced on me by a new job. It's the latest Bold 9700 but the UI is poor, keypad difficult to use with some really annoying features, dreadful browser experience (even with Opera) and pretty poor camera. If you like the Blackberry format and want actual keys, ask for a Nokia E72 which should be same price

donsimon
    Free Member

Got the Blackberry 8520 and love it for typing emails. Camera is crap, but hey it's a phone!
    I don't use it for internet as it's quite crap for browsing, iphone looks better.
    Go and have a play with them as the Blackberry keyboard seems a bit marmite.

boxelder

I don't know, who's we?

Thanks for other responses.

Alphabet

I have a Blackberry, an HTC HD and an iPhone.

Since I got the iPhone (a couple of months ago) I've not used the other 2.

Jamie
    Free Member

organic355 – Member

I believe there may have also been a what tyres thread several years ago, so what is your point caller?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

iphone…on my second and its brilliant as an ex-luddite i can comment 😆

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

i've got a blackberry i hate it, hangs all the time, and takes ages to turn on again. stuck with it for the rest of of my contract. if it was personal i'd get iphone, depends what you need for work.

Flaperon
    Jamie
    Free Member

You can't do this on your iPhone:

Excellent….not a complete waste of battery at all.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've had a Blackberry Bold and currently have an iPhone. The iPhone is a much better gadget than the Blackberry but a much poorer phone – so it's really down to priorities.

I prefered having a proper keyboard and find the poor reception on the iPhone a struggle (I keep an old Nokia E51 in my laptop bag to use in poor reception areas) so overall I preferred the Blackberry.

We're finding the failure rate on the iPhones is a bit higher than we had on the Blackberries, although not to the point where it's been a serious issue.

My wife decided to get a 64Gb iTouch and a proper phone instead of an iPhone when she had the choice recently.

Cougar

If your primary reason for it is corporate email, I'd go with the Blackberry. It's the best tool for this application for a country mile.

If you want it to 'just work' I'd go iPhone.

If you want something to play about with, I'd go Android.

jam-bo

i don't feel like i'm missing much

boxelder

It's just a phone for work, so sounds like the iPhone will be the best toy.
    Ta

Kuco

Use a Blackberry 8900 at work and like it apart from the browser is slow but it is only a 2g (didn't know at the time I could of had a 9700 🙁 ) Syncs easily enough with ical on my Mac. I really like the keyboard but i've only got small hands, some at work struggle with big fat fingers, though I find it easy to type out stuff on my ipod touch also.

Flaperon

i don't feel like i'm missing much

Oh look, someone who cares about how *useful* his phone is… I bet you want it to make phone calls too.

Basically, if it has blue LEDs I'm already sold, anything else is a bonus.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

for primary function alone my blackberry is terrible, have to reboot it at least once a day otherwise it sounds like people are underwater. sometimes it does it i have to turn it off, wait 5 mins for it to turn back on and ring people back. what a joke.

loddrik
    Free Member

It seems I am on my iPhone at least half the day (as I am now), if I had one for work I don't think I'd get any work done. Have tried out a UI on a few blackberries and it was just horrible. I can't stand Apple but the iPhone is simply head and shoulders above the competition for what I need.

Mounty_73

(not work safe).

I have a BB9700, it does exactly what I want, so I love it…

Tried an iphone, but I returned it after 4 days, I thought it was rubbish.

Horses for courses…

burt
    Free Member

had 4 blackberry storms, all work phones, all crap. last one went back with the instuction to not bother replacing it. have an htc wildfire as a personal phone and i think its the nutts. best phone i've ever had and only £20 a month inc. free phone.

maxray
    Free Member

If you want it to 'just work' I'd go iPhone.

With the rumours of a recall (though I doubt it is likely) due to the ongoing antenna issues, it might be better to go for an older iphone until the new one "just works" 😀

CHB

I have an HTC HD2 and for email its brilliant.
    For "just working" and the sheer number of apps available I have to say that iphone has the market lead for a good reason!

bruneep

I have BB storm 2 and currently using unofficial (to UK) Spanish VF software, it has really changed the phone. More stable and usable, not sure why VFUK don't release it here.

boxelder

(not work safe).

You git – I've got whiplash/rib injuries and laughing really hurts.
    😆

If e-mailing and making/receiving calls is your priority, then go BlackBerry.

If other stuff like photos, music, browsing and playing games, etc is important, go iPhone or HTC.

BlackBerry is mainly a business device; iPhone/HTC are more gadget/social oriented.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Do what exactly,apart from show the world how pants your taste in music is?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i can do that on my iphone, flapmeister. don't think i particularly want to, though.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I have an iPhone and I hate it. I've used a HTC desire and its miles better.

Personal taste though, try them all out.

GrahamS

I have an iPhone and I hate it

You must be doing something wrong then.

– GrahamS, new Head of Apple PR 😉

Mounty_73

You git – I've got whiplash/rib injuries and laughing really hurts.

I thought it was funny, too good not to share on STW ! 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘htc, iPhone or Blackberry’ is closed to new replies.