Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • HTC Desire – running low on phone space
  • jools182
    Free Member

had this message popping up over the last few days

I uninstalled about 3 or 4 apps I didn’t use much, the warning disappeared but now its back again

deleted all messages etc

is there something wrong with my phone?

loddrik
    Free Member

Nope, but it’s bloody annoying, and was one of the reasons I got rid of mine.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

app to sd?

dh
    Free Member

If you have updated to froyo (2.2) you can get an app called app2sd which moves some (compatible) apps from the phones memory to the sd card to free up space.

sniperboy
    Free Member

Iam really impressed with mine and never had this message ..i have the 32 Gb card in mine if that helps

Dibbs
    Free Member

I think I read on one of the phone forums about messages not being deleted properly and taking up memory space.

beamers

I was having this problem on my Legend and was trying to claw back space by moving Apps across to the SD Card but to no avail.

Turns out that Dolphin HD (my bowser) had cached 30+MB of data onto the phone memory. Cleared that and changed the caching option to SD card and its now all sorted. No more low space warning.

Go to settings>Applications>Manage Applications then hit menu and sort by size to find the largest App. Select that App and you might find a large cache taking up a load of space.

Cougar

Froyo and App2SD, as others have said.

If that doesn’t cut it, there’s an unofficial method you can use which is more effective. See the FAQs at http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/

The biggest culprit for me was the Adobe Flash update. It’s huge, can’t be moved to SD (without the hackish method at least) and not strictly needed when Flash is built in to the firmware.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I posted this exact same thread last week.

No one knows why it would appear…

jools182
    Free Member

all caches seem to be cleared

all apps that can be put on sd card already have been

guess I’ll have to remove something else

something is eating into the memory though, I keep taking off apps and the next day I get the same message

CountZero

The biggest culprit for me was the Adobe Flash update. It’s huge, can’t be moved to SD (without the hackish method at least) and not strictly needed when Flash is built in to the firmware.

Ahhh, the joys of proprietory software just to see web content.

bassspine
    Free Member

Ahhh, the joys of proprietory software just to see web content.

you don’t get that problem with an iPhone, they just pretend flash doesn’t exist

bassspine
    Free Member

app2sd doesn’t seem to move anything that you can’t manually move through ‘settings’, ‘applications’, ‘manage applications’.

And I like the way it installs itself on the phone memory not the sd card .

Jools181, how many apps are running in the background on your phone. It may be that and not the number of apps you have installed…

kevin1911

If you use K9 Mail, make sure you empty the deleted items and sent items folders. Maybe also reduce the number of emails cached by the program?

Agree it is very annoying. The one thing I don’t like about my desire. Oh, and the camera too.

jools182
    Free Member

how can I tell whats running in the background?

bassspine
    Free Member

almost any task killer type app will tell you

paulwf

I found that going to Setting>Applications>Manage Applications and going to the All tab brought up both Facebook and Facebook for HTC sense having used 10Mb of space. I erased the history for Facebook for HTC sense and I haven’t had a problem since.

I think the Facebook upgrade left the old versions cache in the memory.

Cougar

Task killers are evil and unnecessary. Don’t use them. (And it won’t help you with disk space).

Task killer info – http://www.droid-den.com/android-guides/android-guide-should-i-use-a-task-killer

App2SD info – first two posts here – http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/

racing_ralph
    Free Member

adobe air – 16.34mb – what the **** is it for?

Cougar

It’s like Java or .NET – it’s a ‘common component’ for apps written that use it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire – running low on phone space’ is closed to new replies.