Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • HTC desire & iphone users
  • ed34
    Free Member

i'm pretty useless at remebering appointments or things i have to do so so i put everything in my phone.

My Nokia will display memos, to do's and appointments on the home screen, can you set the Desire or Iphone to do this as well, or do you actually have to go into the diary.

cheers

IanMmmm
    Free Member

You get a calendar widget on Android that shows upcoming appointments on your home screen. You just have to turn it on.

Get Astrid task manager for Android and it has a widget that shows upcoming tasks too.

billybob
    Free Member

i think for android you can get a post it note widget as well

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Yep – calendar, notepad and all sorts on the Desire. And it has proper phone reception…!

GrahamS

ed34: iPhone doesn't do this (unless you jailbreak it).

You can set reminders for meetings etc that will pop up on screen, but there are no home screen "widgets" like on Droid.

CountZero

The iPhone's native calendar function allows you to set reminders that give you a home or lock screen reminder at a pre-determined time in advance of the event. I use it all the time for birthdays which I'm notorious for forgetting, so I set for a week and two days before to allow for getting a card and posting it. I usually set the same for gigs to allow for taking time off if nessessary. There are more sophisticated diary apps available, and if you go for MobileMe it'll sync calendars with your computer via the cloud, plus there's Google calendars that work with the iPhone. I certainly haven't needed to jailbreak my 4G to get the notifications that popped up earlier today…

GrahamS

if you go for MobileMe it'll sync calendars with your computer via the cloud

You can sync with Google Calendar (and any other Exchange Server calendar) over-the-air without needing MobileMe.

I certainly haven't needed to jailbreak my 4G to get the notifications that popped up earlier today…

No, but you would need to jailbreak to get a widget showing the list of upcoming appointments on the home screen like the OP wants, because by default it doesn't do home screen widgets:

e.g. this kind of thing..

nicko74

With Android can you sync to-do lists/ longer notes with your PC?

GTDave
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ha captainflashheart, i thought that is what the original post would be! glad someone got it in here though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘HTC desire & iphone users’ is closed to new replies.