Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HR departments
  • tron
    Free Member

Has anyone actually encountered a useful one?

brakes
    Free Member

yes
    I speak with different ones every day and there are some good ones out there
    but I wouldn’t be in my job if there weren’t some bad ones too
    HR is a-changing

thomthumb
    Free Member

ha.

i get fired every year. by accident. before i get my new contract. 🙄

FuzzyWuzzy

Some of the staff in our HR department are helful but the managers are complete tools that take office politics and back-stabbing to a whole new level so basically no I haven’t found a decent HR department yet.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hohoho, ahahahhaaaaa, hahaha, ermmmm, hahahhaaaa..

I could go on…

£’s wasted IMO.

“Jobs for the Girls” as in “jobs for the Boys”

This will be an interesting thread, shame no HR representiatives will read/comment on it..
    Too busy filing thier nails and creating pointless litriture..

Ohhhh.. I’m off on one ain’t I.

z1ppy

Nope.

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve seen good and I’ve seen bad.

It’s a bit like saying has anyone found a decent IT department…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Went to see our departmental HR unit about getting a transfer out of that London back oop norf.

She said she’d look into it and set up a meeting for two weeks after the initial one.

The next meeting came round and she came up with the ground breaking suggestion that I should keep an eye on the internal company vacancy website and apply for anything suitable that came up!! No way, I wish I got paid a considerable amount of money to come up with clever $hit like that

So in answer to your question, no, not ever!!

mrmo
    Free Member

a colleague is being made redundant, went to a consultation meeting, they offered him some other jobs, he then pointed out the vacancies had expired.

says something.

crikey
    Free Member

The answer is in the name; you are a resource, and will be treated accordingly.

Northwind

Our one is more or less what used to be called a payroll office, they’re good at that and pretty helpful. We employ a load of students on a casual basis, with frequent tiny payments, and that must be a total pain in the a**e but they’re always very helpful with it and take even the £7 payments seriously so, that’s good.

The ones I dealt with in my own job were hilariously bad though… I applied for a job in HR, got through to interview, turned up and they said “What makes you suited for this job”. So I told them. They responded “Hmm, that doesn’t sound like this job really”. So I showed them the advert they’d posted, and it turned out it was totally wrong, they basically wanted a filing monkey but they’d manage to put it up with a £30000 annual salary, graduate preferred, experience in contract work, etc etc. I figure if a HR department can’t even succesfully advertise a job in their own team, there is no hope for them.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I always tried to be helpful and useful when I worked in one; as did all my colleagues.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HR departments’ is closed to new replies.