Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Howies shorts
  • roughneck
    Free Member

How much!
    They look good but How much and with out a liner.

mrmojo
    Free Member

£95 for shorts is taking the p**s liner or not !!

hh45
    Free Member

Most Howies stuff is worth it when you use it. Without doing a full market survey and checking out all the discounts available is £95 really that much compared to Sugoi and Fox gear @ c £60-70 that isn't (I'm guessing here) waterproof and was probably made in a sweatshop where staff getted paid $hite. If you believe Howies their stuff is at least honestly sourced, people get paid properly and they try not to trash the environment too much. Howies design stuff quite well IME.

woodsman
    Free Member

I can't see myself going for the shorts – have some Swobo on order but, I may well try merino liners when they become available! 😳

Oggles
    Free Member

If they lasted twice as long as a pair of Endura Singletracks it would be worth it I guess.

ojom
    Free Member

I bet the margin on them is tighter than most other brands.

Once again – you dont have to buy them.

Cars also come in a variety of prices. You pay for what you want and can afford etc.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

I bet the margin on them is tighter than most other brands.

I disagree most howies stuff is sold direct , so no retail margin to take into account , I think there stuff has become over priced fashion accesories. I am no longer a fan.

I have a pair of swobo milkman shorts and liner, bought from the states in the sale , i think they're very good.

Del

i bought a couple of pairs in their bogoff a few months ago. lovely build on them, unfortunately they were too loose in the waist and i would expect the smalls to be too tight, err somewhere else ( alright, the legs ). sent 'em back. shame because they were very reasonable for the money i was paying.

backhander
    Free Member

There's a couple of pairs for sale in the classifieds very reasonably…………….. 😀

woodsman
    Free Member

Their first generation cycling shorts did look suspiciously like Endura – eeek!!!

I emailed them saying that, and with the slight hint that they may have made them – I got no reply!

miketually
    Free Member

I got two pairs of the board shorts on BOGOF and wear them over the top of dhb lycra shorts. They're really good, though the velcro fly did put some holes in my merino base layer when I washed them together.

Howies stuff is expensive, but all the stuff I had has lasted brilliantly. I had three T shirts (until I spilt oil on them when cooking) that I still referred to as "my new T shirts" even though they were 4 years old.

My similarly aged trousers have just worn through at the knee, so I'll be replacing them once the new autumn stuff appears on the website – this will be my first full priced Howies purchase.

I also bought a Nedster jacket from the Caranaby Street shop when we were down in London last month, and my kids first howies clothes arrived yesterday.

I suppose that makes me a bit of a fan boy 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Ooh, autumn stuff is there already.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Howies shorts’ is closed to new replies.