Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to remove 'Vista AntiSpyware 2012' from a laptop
  • Pook

we’ve got an infected laptop – anyone else had experience of removing this trojan?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What security software have you got on there and have you got another pc/pendrive?

winston_dog
    Free Member

Try this website. Bleeping Computer

Some excellent advice and links

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Was about to suggest downloading combofix from bleepingcomputer and run it from safe mode, follow up with mbam. You may be able to download it from safe mode but possible you may get redirected to a dodgy site hence asking about the other computer and pen drive.

Pook

cheers WD – on that already; thanks.

Schrick – we had avast on it. It’s a phishing scam that my gf has fallen victim to.

Northwind

Do you know when? Might be easiest just to roll back to a system restore point if it’s recent.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Malwarebytes is the way although you need to rename it otherwise it won’t run, give me a few minutes and I will find the instructions

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

the site has been down, but this will sort your problem out, you want post number 3

Trojan remover

Goes by different names, but its just after your money, infected my daughter’s laptop and got shot of it with Malwarebytes

Pook

managed to run a system restore using my log in, and touch wood its ok now.

thanks all

Cougar

I’d still run Malwarebytes anyway. Also, change passwords on any sites you’ve used post-infection.

Do -not- run combofix under your own steam, it’s not that sort of tool.

Pook

will do. cheers cougar.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to remove 'Vista AntiSpyware 2012' from a laptop’ is closed to new replies.