Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • how to remove deodorant build up on clothes
  • jsm

Just been getting ready, the other half’s just pointed out that loads of my shorts/t-shirts have a build up of deodorant on them, under the arms.

A quick google tells me I’m not the only one. Seems like deodorants contain some wax type stuff.

1. how do you remove it / dissolve? googling it links you to loads of non proven answers by USA housewives.
    2. what do people do to stop this? any brands/types better. I do live in hard water area, if that makes a difference.

ta.

scotroutes

How to stop it? Don’t use deodorant.

joshvegas
    Free Member

On your shorts?!

jambourgie
    Free Member

Deodorant?

MrNutt
    Free Member

crikeyu, if you’re using that much I’d be more worried about getting the aluminium out of your blood first!

johnhe

I dry my arm pits with a hair dryer before putting formal shirts on – that prevents the problem. With T-shirts I don’t need to bother; it doesn’t seem to affect them.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Tell us more about the USA housewives.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I get this too.

Not investigated it yet.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Shorts sound a bit odd, but each to their own.
    White vinegar works when I’ve tried it on t shirts. Takes a long time – think day rather than hour, stinks the place out.

Matt_SS_xc

buy one of the green fairy bars of soap. Give it a scrub with that before washing, worked for some of mine.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I can put the ladies from How Clean is your House to shame but – getting deoderant stains out of clothes is even beyond my skillz….

Once they’re stained they usually end up being relegated or binned.

Buy deoderants that are formulated to minimise staining – they do seem to help.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I use roll on antiperspirant and a separate deoderant or aftershave. Never had a problem with it. Using a spray on antiperspirant/deoderant combo is a mugs game.

jsm

A simple typo. It was an issue with shirts, not my perspiring shorts 😉

Sorry I have no experience of USA housewives, but I have a story about my mate in whistler and a cougar…

McHamish
    Free Member

Only wear vests.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Get and learn to use one of these and cut down on the deoderant?

supersquirrel
    Free Member

A lot of t’interweb searching a couple of years ago came up with the answer – citric acid like they use in home brew kits.

Rub it into damp shirts if badly marked and soak the pits in a solution of 3 teaspoons to a litre of warm water before each wash after.

Don’t forget to thank me when all your clothes are pong free!

scotroutes

FTFY

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘how to remove deodorant build up on clothes’ is closed to new replies.