Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • How to knock down idiots who don't use the Green X Code
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

I saw a bloke lying face down on the ground next to his bike on a cycle path this morning. Just next to where it crosses a side road. Judging by the car stopped just after turning into the side road, they'd both been playing the "it's up to the other person to get out the way" game 🙁

simonlovell999
    Free Member

should come to bristol. the first to be a cycle city and it still sucks here. people getting in your way, drivers road hogging and people walking out in front of you. some approach has been – i didnt see you. am i invisible or should i fly next time…

westkipper
    Free Member

simon, one of my (self-righteous) 🙂 points is that we cant exactly complain about drivers 'roadhogging' when we're giving the same attitude to pedestrians.

RealMan
    Free Member

simon, one of my (self-righteous) points is that we cant exactly complain about drivers 'roadhogging' when we're giving the same attitude to pedestrians.

Well I think most of us are talking about "peds" that can't hear anything coming, so just think there must be nothing coming without bothering to look, and then they just run out into the road right into a cyclist.

westkipper
    Free Member

And I'm just saying that even for those types we should have a bit of sympathy.
    The road enviroment is that much of a jungle, that the pedestrian is understandably geared to looking (or listening) for the biggest, most obvious danger. Like avoiding the stampeding elephants and instead getting bitten by the snake you've just trod on.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I wouldn't say peds get a shitty time, there can't be anything really planned without taking into account peds (& associated public transport). Cycling comes off worse IMHO, with poorly designed cycle lanes, if you use them, and distinct lack of secure bike parking in many public projects.

DezB
    Free Member

The road enviroment is that much of a jungle, that the pedestrian is understandably geared to looking (or listening) for the biggest, most obvious danger

I've been a pedestrian since the age of about 4 and never managed to walk out in front of a bicycle.

zokes
    Free Member

I've been a pedestrian since the age of about 4 and never managed to walk out in front of a bicycle.

I sort of did once. I turned round with a large rucksack on that must have overhung from the pavement as I did it. Fortunately she wasn't shaken as she picked herself up, but she was most certainly too near the pavement

ourmaninthenorth

I ran down a blind man once.
    He was on his way to theological college at the time, and had to call in from the ambulance to explain he would miss his St Paul lecture.
    It could only have been worse if I'd hit a nun.

westkipper
    Free Member

DezB, despite my great wisdom on these matters, I have almost walked in front of a bike myself on a number of occasions.
    This shows two things; One, you are admittedly a more skilled pedestrian than me (tip:consider stepping up a pedestrian grade to elite level)
    Two, if you cant do – teach! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How to knock down idiots who don't use the Green X Code’ is closed to new replies.