Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How to fix cracked SPD shoes
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

So the bit of the sole where the cleat attaches has cracked and although they still work it’s only going to get worse and eventually fail. Any ideas on how to fix as I really like the shoes and don’t want to bin them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Araldite.

Do you have one of those thin metal SPD plates lying about? Maybe they could help prolong the life of the shoes a bit?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Don’t know what that is I have the cleats attached through the sole to a plate sandwiching the sole and the sole has cracked pretty badly TBH.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Use some shoe goo – ebay search should reveal lots. Could also use these in conjunction with the thin metal plates as Fred says.

joolsburger
    Free Member

thanks will take a looksee

organic355
    Free Member

As above one of these spd plates?

Edit: its not what its for, but you may be able to attach it on the sole of the shoe?

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/118/40n_0100/shimano-a100-spd-cleat-nut–plate.html

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah already using one of those. I could do with one about twice the size to allow for the crack so I may just make something.

sambob
    Free Member

Sugru might work?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No I meant the thin metal ‘shim’ you get with cleat sets. Can’t find a pic of one though.

You could fashion something with a bit of very thin steel sheet I spose, and a bit of superglue/Araldite.

emac65
    Free Member

If you could find some thin sheet metal,cut it so it’s wider & longer than the backing plate to spread the load.Then put it between the cleat & the backing plate it should help.I’d drill the holes a bit bigger in the metal sheet too so the backing plate fits right into it,as those spd screws aren’t very long …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How to fix cracked SPD shoes’ is closed to new replies.