Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • How to carry a phone that's not in your pocket
  • jam-bo
    Gary_M
    Free Member

No, don’t think you can divert texts.

Could you just use your hand to hold the extra phone, or will your hands be otherwise engaged?

D0NK

If you just mooching about, lanyard for work phone?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Stick it in a blob and bung it up your arse, maybe?

Or, if it’s work’s, put it in whatever pocket and say sorry when you sit on it

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY-7vOEC7Bc[/video]

brassneck

Well, given that it won’t be that frequent, that’s not actually a bad idea. Does that work for texts too?

No, that’s why I end up with two phones. Though it could be argued I can getaway without text from the work phone, I then have to run a container for my work email and calendaring on my phone, which uses my data allowance alarmingly quickly… so I’ve gone back to two phones and just don’t carry the work one if I’ve no reason too.

willard
    lemonysam
    Free Member

billytinkle
    Free Member

What about an arm band? The type that runners use for their phones – lots of variety on eBay and Amazon for not much money.

sandwicheater

Tape it top your body like a drug mule. May sting a bit when removed.

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon I’ll keep my eyes open for a very small messenger bag, aka manbag, like the TNF one I posted above. Maybe even get one that can take my camera too, kill some more birds.

klumpy
    Free Member

rene59
    Free Member

Tape it top your body like a drug mule.

No, tape it to your frame (body) like enduro.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lots of apps which will forward txts from one phone to another, via Email or sms.

emsz
    Free Member

hang on…

ohh now then, what is that under my desk that’s got all my shit in it, what are those things called…

see, we are more organised than boys. [looks for smug emoty]

molgrips
    Free Member

You have a bag full of crap, I (normally) have a phone, wallet and keys. Who’s more organised? 🙂

willard

I’d have to agree with Molly on this one. There are times when my wife is not able to find her mobile phone in her big bag full of crap handbag, whereas, because mine is in my left front pocket (always left front), I can find mine in a jiffy, possibly quicker.

On the other hand, I do think that it should be possible to fit a couple of phones in a pocket Mol. Maybe just tailor the pockets on your trousers to fit two? You could sew in a replacement liner made from a rugby sock or something.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

What about a bra? – two pockets, easy to reach and access, coversation piece?

emsz
    Free Member

says the man who wants to get a bag

I don’t have a bag full of crap, my bag is full of my “shit” (not the same thing)

obvs. 🙄

Edit, I use my bra all the time for my phone when I’m out. You could do that Molly 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I can physically fit two phones in there yes, but due to my muscular Hoy-esque thighs it’s not very comfortable.

I use my bra all the time for my phone when I’m out. You could do that Molly

Well that’s a very kind offer, and certainly quite exciting, but I doubt it’d work out conveniently for both of us.

JoeG
    Free Member

muggomagic

prettygreenparrot

I’ve seen some guys carry off man-bags. But not many.

Lots of US men seem to favour the ‘clip it on my belt’ approach. OK with an athletic figure. Less so with a ‘spread’ figure. If you’re Batman give it a go.

If it’s for on the bike, and around about then pop it in a backpack or Camelbak.

If it’s more for mooching then get a coat with pockets. Any old coat. Just put it in the pocket.

The SPI belts made me smile. I can’t imagine finding one of those any more useful than a pocket.

Those Heinnie Haynes Civilian Lab Covert Loader things. Really? Not sure I’d have the confidence to wear one of those outside a CosPlay event. Still, strangely appealing… And some of the other stuff on the site is neat.

Fabric Horse seems interesting. Etsy…again!

Or, just leave it in the drawer and claim you were working on something that needed absolute concentration and that’s why you ignored the ‘phone. Texts get lost in the ether all the time so forget them anyway. iMessages are different.

chip
    Free Member

When I had a motorbike for some reason I took to carrying all my stuff around in an old tescos carrier bag, I really don’t know why.

Get yourself a record bag and be one of the cool kids.

CountZero

Hah.. like I’m some kind of hipster… I can’t fit two phones in one pocket, no. If I put a phone in my back pocket it’ll get crushed if I sit down.

Lose some weight, fatty! 😉
    A small courier bag is ideal, I’ve got one, a little red and back Polaris bag I bought at the Bike Show years ago, and it’s ideal for when I’m not planning on carrying very much, when I’m out walking, for example. It can carry my folding saw, small on-the-go flask, camera, binoculars, ultralight waterproof or poncho, plus other small odds-n-sods, like pens, notepads, etc.
    All the straps have reflective stripes woven in as well, so it’s handy in gloomy winter weather or after dark.
    It’s about big enough to hold a laptop, or an iPad comfortably in a case.
    [edit] actually found a photo on the web:
    [/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

CountZero

Something like this musette bag, perhaps? Cycling orientated, but better quality:
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gilles-berthoud-gilles-berthoud-musette-bag-prod19496/

kayak23

konabunny
    Free Member

if you can’t fit 2 phones a wallet and keys in your pockets stop wearing your sister’s jeans

literal lol in cafe, coffee spat over table

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“I reckon I’ll keep my eyes open for a very small messenger bag”

I know eastpak do one – jansport too.

How about strapping your work phone to your ankle instead?

stoffel
    Free Member

Or a moahoosive manly rucksack, mostly filled with bubblewrap

This is the best idea so far, only bettered by doing similar with one of these:

podman
    Free Member
    CountZero

Thought I’d kick this back into life after seeing this:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jayyoo/bolstr-the-ultimate-edc-bag-minimal-and-perfectly
    Might be just what Molly is looking for.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘How to carry a phone that's not in your pocket’ is closed to new replies.