Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How stiff are those STIFFEES?????
  • ton

omfg, rode my stiffee last night over farm trackes/baked horse trodden paths.
    i feel like i have been bug5ered in the bug5ery place by a big bug5er…………. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Thats why you should have gone the steel route 😉

yoshimi

thats why I got shut of mine – good for playing, not so good for long days in the saddle

shinsplints

****ton in new bike appears in classifieds shocker****

taka
    Free Member

how long till its on classified’s?

😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Never had an issue with it on all dayers.

Go full sus if you can’t MTFU.

D0NK

I’ve always fancied one of those, what size ton? My kinesis is pretty rigid, great for hammering or short rides but a handful/a pain when you’re tired.

franki
    Free Member

I’ve raced 12hr solos and done plenty of enduros on my Stiffee without thinking it’s unduly harsh.
    No good for long days in the saddle – pah! 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

duckman

Franki; You obviously had to put up with much worse when you were at boarding school! I demoed one at my lbs day and just looking at it in the shop makes my back ache.

TC
    Free Member

Get a big soft back tyre, job done!

D0NK

TBH I think it depends on what you are used to, a couple of months ago I was happily riding round all day on a rigid bike, nice weather has meant a switch to hardtails and full sus lately, I went out for a short ride on the rigid on tuesday and was suffering all the way round. Give it a few more rides and it’ll be fine – possibly.

crazy-legs

Never had a problem on mine either but it’s one of the older ones with a 26.8 seatpost so maybe a bit more flex in that? Ti saddle too.
    Done plenty of all-dayers in Peaks/Lakes etc without feeling unduly beaten up by the end of it.

I test rode a mates Cotic BFe a while ago and that was REALLY stiff, it made the Cove look like a piece of wet spaghetti!

franki
    Free Member

TBH I think it depends on what you are used to

Maybe, I’ve never owned a full-susser and started life on road bikes. Only ridden alloy hardtails and nothing else, since about 1993. (Althought I’ve just bought a rigid steel SS.)

The Stiffee is certainly comfier than the Klein Pulse Pro it replaced.

franki
    Free Member

Crazy-legs wrote:

Never had a problem on mine either but it’s one of the older ones with a 26.8 seatpost so maybe a bit more flex in that? Ti saddle too.
    Done plenty of all-dayers in Peaks/Lakes etc without feeling unduly beaten up by the end of it.

Same here: Peaks & Lakes – no worries.
    Mine’s one of the 69ers (not wheel size related!) and has got the 26.8 post and a Ti saddle too, perhaps that makes a difference. I can’t see the new size flexing much.
    Met you briefly early last year in the Peak, up by New Allotments iirc.

MrAgreeable

You need to STFU. The “S” stands for, er, stand. 😉

markenduro
    Free Member

There’s a clue in the name

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had one with a 26.8 seatpost and had no problem either. Built it up light and used it for all day rides round yorkshire dales.

Changing from a stiff Seatpost to a Easton EA70 helped a lot as it flexed a lot more. I think Thomson seatposts are pretty stiff as well.

i’ve got a Chameleon now, and thats a lot stiffer!

PJ266
    Free Member

I dont think theyre too bad, not compared to some of my friends Chameleons, those things are solid. The stiffest bike i’ve ever ridden is my Orange Msisle, so very, VERY stiff!!

The clue is in the name of the frame 😉

ton

DONK, 21” would suit you to a T mate…… 😉
    i shall MTFU for the time being, and learn to STFU on the rockeries…. 8)

PJ266
    Free Member

A big fat tyre really does help alot, tubeless is even better so you can run it at silly low pressures.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How stiff are those STIFFEES?????’ is closed to new replies.