Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • How often do you change you bike?
  • Stainypants

I’ve changed my entire bike collection in the past 18 months but mostly by changing frames.

My Trance has become a prophet as I fancied a single pivot
    My Kona Caldera became a ridged on-one 29er which I sold but now I have a ridged 26 on-one with both 26″ and 700cc wheels
    My Voodoo cyclocross became a kinseis as my frame snapped
    My 456 became titanium

This activity has been inversely proportional to the amount of riding I was doing. Now I’m riding I have no desire to spend anymore money on bikes

Nick

bol

I swapped seven times in three years for a mixture of reasons (two were nicked, then just couldn’t make up my mind what I needed). I’ve now had my Soda for well over 6 months and although it’s had a couple of different forks and drivetrains, I nolonger covert anything else.

Whether I’ll say the same in a year’s time, or will have experimented with clown wheels like most of my riding buddies, only time will tell.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I haven’t bought a complete mountain bike in years; always seem to buy frames and swap/upgrade bits. I’ve had my Soul for 3 to 4 years and my Dialled Alpine for 2 so I must be going soft or at long last I have bikes that suit my needs. I still have an old (10 years+)853 Kona Explosif which I built up as a singlespeed with bits I had lying around as I couldn’t face selling it and had to find an excuse to ride it again! Still have an old Giant Reign frame lurking somewhere but I doubt it will ever get used again after I stripped it to build the Alpine.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, that looks good Epicsteve 8)

Damn, why can’t I just leave the search alone . . .

remembers the last time I posted a Homer Simpsonesque drool thread 😕

I love my Tazers, really I do 😛

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a main bike for a couple of years , and build and play with odd balls built up of ebay, try them out then sell them on, mainly frames and just swop componenets around, my latest build was an mmmBop cheap frame for CRC, fantastic bike, 😀

spindi
    Free Member

This is my SX in a heavy but can be ridden uphill guise

That QR on the back, you should never do it up that! A branch or some hooky undergrowth could whip your rear wheel off 🙁

noteeth
    Free Member

I’ve changed my ‘main’ bike once in the last decade – from a medium Bontrager Race to…. a large Bontrager Race.

GW
    Free Member

mama – You might want to cross the old skool SX off your list as even the small has an 18″ seat tube.

Steve – those forks do look bent, eh? digi foties mess with angles etc tho.

RustySpanner

When I lived in Manchester I bought a new bike whenever the old one got stolen – now I don’t buy a new one until I can’t readily get bits for the old one, or a new piece of technology comes along I really can’t do without.

I upgraded to a bike with ‘disc’ brakes and front suspension a couple of years ago; Keep an eye out for these, I predict that they might just catch on 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘How often do you change you bike?’ is closed to new replies.