Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • How often do married types here get out and ride?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

wtf does marital status dictate how much you ride? I have lived with my other half for years and we do what we want when we want to, unless we have a pre planned thing to do together. I would never dream of stopping her doing what she wants and likewise. What we do is what makes us – surely if getting married stops that then its making you not true to each other.

shortcut

two night rides a week, Tuesday and Thursday plus a ride all day on saturday and probably about 6 weekends away and maybe a roadtrip.

my wife is ace!

but i do make an effort to be home as much as possible so travel in the morning for weekends away and if there is an option to go home after an event rather than camp in a field I will go home for that too!

married with 2 step kids that don't live with us!

erny
    Free Member

Married with no kids,get out 2 times in the week and saturday for bigger ride,have trips away to scotland and alps,So times wife comes but not very often

Pete
    Free Member

When ever I want….

epicsteve
    Free Member

Married with two kids (17 & 13) and can get out for local rides (I'm live at the edge of the Pentlands) pretty much whenever I want. I've been out every evening this week.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

5 weekday commutes, 1 weekend ride, prob will have 5 UK weekend trips away this year. I didn't take my bike to Spain this year, but that wouldn't have been a problem if I did.

Tracey

Married with 2 girls, we all bike so get out 3 or 4 times a week plus loads of biking holidays

Tracey

matt_outandabout

wtf does marital status dictate how much you ride? I have lived with my other half for years and we do what we want when we want to, unless we have a pre planned thing to do togethe

Clearly, you are an old fart, eh Luke?

Me, commute a couple of times a week, and in between kiddy duties, house duties and spending time with my wife, I probably get a ride/kayak/walk/sail about once a week.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Whenever I want – never been a problem. It should be easy to spot when the time is right not to ride…

0pt1cal
    Free Member

1-2 hours each week day and probably a half day at the weekend and a full day the next weekend…some times more…depends what we are doing as a family. It's never been a problem being married and having kids…probably get out more just not when I want all the time though…

Dancake
    Free Member

Married, one 16 month old. Steal some time to ride during the week but Weekends are for the family..(if Im not at work 🙁 )

Slacks
    Free Member

Married, no kids. I ride when ever I like. In fact if I don't do any training she nags me to go. Her having a horse helps. It takes up time, makes you smell and eats money. Makes mtb'ing seem cheap in terms of time/money. A horse has advantages over children to. Easier to sell and you can shoot them if they are really ill.

forge197
    Free Member

Married, no kids, ride when I want which is how it should be, Mrs F often tags along and does the easier trails.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

In fact if I don't do any training she nags me to go.

Heh. If I've not been out for two weeks then time is usually found before I go into meltdown.

Horizon looks rosy. Once I've passed my test and we have a car (hopefully sooner rather than later) MrsHeathen has said, yes, let's get her a bike. We can drive somewhere quiet so that she can learn to ride it away from the madding crowd and once she's confident on it… happy trails 🙂

Zone
    Free Member

Not enough 😥

Me and the Missus? been together for 15 years … we have three handsome boys, 1yr 4mnths, 4ys 11mnths, 8yrs 2mnths.

Running a business and projects almost every waking hour… but I try to get out one or two nights a week and the occasional Sunday. I get out more in the winter, Summer is about a 70 hours plus a week. No trips away for long time 😥 Not been out this week at all.

I've been in the cycle industry since I was 14.. (saturday lad) I'm 42 now… ( not a Saturday lad).

I keep trying to work out some way to do it all…. It's a struggle. This bank holiday will be spent with boys and missus… not on bikes… but just away but together.

The bike is my Head therapy.

EdwardH

We have two boys, 2 1/2 and 5 months, I work away from home 6 months of the year, so time with family is precious. I grab what ever time on the bike or off kayaking that I can, most week-day rides either happen in the early morning (5am ish) or once the boys are in bed (7:30pm), so in the winter the lights are in constant use. As for paddling, rare club trips or the odd solo run on rivers I know well seem to be the norm over the past few years.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Extended commute daily and then one day each weekend with occasional road trips away.

daveob
    Free Member

wtf does marital status dictate how much you ride? I have lived with my other half for years and we do what we want when we want to, unless we have a pre planned thing to do together. I would never dream of stopping her doing what she wants and likewise.

No, but the kids do. When I go riding she is on Mum duty and that's not fair all the time.

I get to ride half a day at the weekends and oneevening a week.

Zone
    Free Member

[quoteNo, but the kids do. When I go riding she is on Mum duty and that's not fair all the time.

I get to ride half a day at the weekends and oneevening a week.[/quote]

I'm feeing it too…. 🙁

LoulaBella
    Free Member

We generally get the grandparents to have the kids most weekends and odd holidays so we can go riding together. They dont seem to mind sitting as they think its cute we like riding together rather than going out all weekend getting s**t faced at Wetherspoons (no offence if thats what you enjoy). Its good marriage therapy for us as we have a 4 year old disabled son and 2 year old daughter.
    I ride every Monday night cause I've been at home with the kids all day, Dan commutes on his bike every day.
    Its not right when married people use there hobby/passion as an excuse to avoid the other person, equally we need to support each others passions. Even better is when we can share them, although Im yet to get Dan on my sewing machine.

bintangman
    Free Member

Nurseries are the only times I go riding with my wife now, otherwise its taking turns looking after the little one. I'm not really into big boozy nights out, so credits are taken in the of riding or surfing instead. All about compromise of course, but I do appreciate my riding so much more now.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Before I moved down to London during the week (wifey still lives in Cheshire) 3 times a week.

Now as I'm only back home between Friday & Sunday evening when I return to the smoke, only one decent trip @ the weekend.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘How often do married types here get out and ride?’ is closed to new replies.