Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much to paint a spare room?
  • redhairjon
    Free Member

I know, I know, I know.

But before you all start ripping the piss. Roughly how much would it cost to get someone in to paint a spare bedroom – not massive, about 3.5m x 4m?

And now, my excuses, 6 month old baby, busy job and I want to go and ride!!!

Cheers
    Jon

richmars

About the same as a new pair of wheels.

GW
    Free Member

if it’s spare why bother? 😉

emsz
    Free Member

A tin’s worth. I need tea and sausage sandwiches. I’ll do frilly patterns in the corners for extra.

😆

redhairjon
    Free Member

Cheers Emsz! Are you near Manchester?

emsz
    Free Member

Ahhh, no, not really 😆

It takes less than a morning, your missus will be chuffed.

Drac

I usually decorate at night from about 9 onwards as nothing much else to do at that time, kids in bed, biking done, work might be out the way or I may just be in and been fed.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But before you all start ripping the piss.

Well, if you’re too lazy to paint on flippin room, you deserve all you get tbh… 🙂

And now, my excuses, 6 month old baby, busy job and I want to go and ride!!!

Pathetic. Mate of mine has 2 kids, full time job, and has managed to completely renovate a house doing much of the work himself. And still have time to chill out.

Alternatively, if you really can’t stand doing such things, and can afford it, then I spose getting someone in to do it makes sense, and also enables someone to earn a few quid so not too bayd. I’d reckon on £100 per day for anyone decent, plus paint.

It takes less than a morning

Well it depends on what needs doing. If it’s just sticking another coat of emulsion on, then possibly, but tbh, there’s cleaning, 1st coat, give it a bit, then 2nd coat, repeat as necessary. I once painted a room that had bin badly painted red; took me days (3 coats on ceiling which had bin white, 6 coats on walls). Then there’s the doors, skirting- windows, woodwork, radiators if necessary, etc. Rads, I’d take off and get done professionally tbh. Much less hassle and only a bit more spensive really if they need stripping and re-coating. Looks far better too.

And I’ve not even mentioned filling holes and that yet. Filling and sanding can take up a lot of time as it’s fiddly and you have to let the filler dry completely. And if you have to strip old gloss paint off, then God help you cos that can just be soul destroying.

Doing it yerself can be very satisfying, if you’re into painting and stuff. Or it can just be a tedious bloody PITA.

But as with anything, if yer going to do a job, then for flip’s sake DO IT PROPERLY!!!!

flip
    Free Member

I am a self employed handyman and would charge £120 + paint for the walls and ceiling, say £30 extra for the gloss (i supply), and not B and Q or any other own brand crap either as i refuse to put it on.

This is an estimate based on the room being ready to paint and only needing 2 coats.

If you’re in central area i’m free in 2 weeks ish 😉

totalshell

max 100 a day from my painter if your in north manchester i have his no.

ajwt2
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much to paint a spare room?’ is closed to new replies.