Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • How Much?! of the day
  • D0NK

Nearly* £10 per strip of rubber, ouchy! You don’t even get pad holders.

Others are available

*over £10 at rrp

Bear
    Free Member

other brakes are available that actually stop you too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

😯

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

This has to be my current favourite “bargain” on CRC. WTF!

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Double post

warton
    Free Member

ran out of inner tubes the other day, hadn’t ordered from absolute early enough, so needed a spare quickly. 6 quid a tube from LBS????

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can beat that, £7.99 from mine! And apparently 29er tubes are excluded from the 3 for £12 offer. Had to buy it as it would have tempted fate going out for 20 miles with no spare!

As it happens I somehow snapped/lost 3 chainring bolts so had a very long walk home anyway!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This has to be my current favourite “bargain” on CRC. WTF!

At first I thought WTF, but then sailing/walking/poseing/whatever jakets are often that price, presumably they appeal to the people riding £5k+ road bikes in the same way 95% of sailors don’t wear Musto HPX* kit and make do with decathlon/henry loyd/compas/XM etc.

*I admit to owning a gothland jacket which I lost/left at Switchbacks, well worth the silly price tag, especialy when I found it in a charity shop!

D0NK

other brakes are available that actually stop you too!

that aimed at the clarks or the DTs?
    Never used dts (obviously) but not had any trouble with the clarks.

crankenstein good find

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

D0nk – there’s bib shorts on there at the same price. That’s an £800 outfit right there.

Then there’s a helmet, shoes, gloves, shades, socks and pants.

I wonder what the most expensive get-up would be (less a Cartier watch). I reckon with prices like this I could top £1500 easy – which would be more than my bike!

zbonty

Back to brakes and at the opposite end of the scale.
    I got bored of spending £9/10 on Shimano brake pads(commuting) so I’ve tried some £2.49 ones from Wilkinsons. They work fine for 25% of the price.

D0NK

so I’ve tried some £2.49 ones from Wilkinsons. They work fine for 25% of the price.

ooh wilkinsons just opened near us, are they insert/cartridge type ones or full pads?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just bought three 6ft 2×1 strips of spruce from Homebase.

£26!!!!

For a little bit of wood!

If I didn’t have to get them at 8am on my way to work and before the local timber merchant opened I wouldn’t have got them but I had no choice.

£26!!!!!

I feel violated.

ziggy
    Free Member

KMC chain links £10 for 10 speed ones, what makes them worth £7 more than 9 speed ones?

D0NK

Ah full pads, prefer cartridge myself, seem to last longer and easier to fit.
    Got quite a few cheap parts for the penny pinching financially astute biker.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

KMC chain links £10 for 10 speed ones, what makes them worth £7 more than 9 speed ones?

Decathlon do 2 sets for £4

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I saw an Olympic water bottle on sale in John Lewis for £12.50!

ziggy
    Free Member

Ah, but it’s from John Lewis so worth every extra penny 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

wilkinsons is great, used to pick these up for £5, same price for the rears.

skywalker
    Free Member
    joao3v16
    Free Member

That’s because you have taste & style and are investing in a timeless design that will last for years and not look dated once the Olympics has finished.

Unlike those awful plebby Ikea ones.

akak
    Free Member

This crossbow is a bargain at 35% off…I assume stock like this ends up as race prizes?

On the flipside muddyfox clothing is genuinely cheap at amazon, don’t know if it is any good though.

D0NK

skywalker I’d heard they were 200! What I don’t get is that SC have been doing replaceable dropouts for a while only 30ish quid so why so pricey? bit more machining on the intense but why are they quadruple the price?

Harry_the_Spider

They have lots of those £399 jackets in stock… funny that. 😕

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But they come with an extended 5 year guarantee.

skywalker
    Free Member

I know D0NK, total rip off if you ask me.

Harry_the_Spider

But they come with an extended 5 year guarantee.

Ha-ha.

Richer Sounds are knocking out Beijing ’08 bottles for half that.

zippykona

On the bargain front though, Wilkos do a £25 iTunes voucher for £20.

stevenieve
    Free Member

£140 a dropout.
    and they still break.

njee20
    Free Member

D0nk – there’s bib shorts on there at the same price. That’s an £800 outfit right there.

Really? Even The F.I.13s shouldnt be that expensive.

Never bothered with a Fugu, they’re stupid, integrated balaclava and what not, but the AirJack 851 is a great bit of kit, I’ve got 2.

Olympic water bottle takes the biscuit, functionally no different to anything 1/3 the price!

RustySpanner

Doesn’t everyone just pick up water bottles after the steep bits at trail centres?

Bit of Milton, good clean out, just like new…… 😀

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How Much?! of the day’ is closed to new replies.