Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • HOW MUCH?!
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

A pack of four Marks and Spencer underpants… £18!!!

No wonder they are struggling.

neilwheel
    Free Member

How much do you want to pay for your pants?

Drac

Yup should charge more to increase profits. Only granddads by undies in M&S anyway.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I was going to pull Drac up for his derisory comment until I remembered I am a grandad 😆
    I said exactly the same last weekend while replacing my johnny fart pants holed pant drawers contents.

CountZero

That’s £4.50/pair; not exactly budget-busting, is it?
    You can save £15 buying a pack of three of these: http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/DL2170?lid=GUP&utm_medium=cpc&network=google&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=pla&kpid=DL2170&gclid=CMO52uTarsACFWX3wgod-bQAXw

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

**** me, you could fly an ebola victim home on a ryanair flight for that!!!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

If the pack has 100 pants then it’s a bargain 😉

sofatester
    Free Member

£4.50 per pant is pretty good value as my last set lasted 2 years. With washing and everything.

Only granddads buy undies in M&S anyway

I’m a granddad? I’m so happy, though at the same time slightly confused as i don’t even have a family.

takisawa2

I was always an M&S pants man, but the Wife bought me some from Sainsbury’s recently.
    (Brought home in plain packaging obviously, but she hired an Evoque for the trip).

Have to say, they are comfy pants…

schnor
    Free Member

What’s that you say sonny, I can’t quite hear ya? *puts down hearing horn*

I buy those undies! Quality gruds to be honest – except the previous design had a stupid flap way over to the side, necessitating some ‘nad gymnastics.

imnotverygood

I always find that M&S undies leave insufficent space for my genitalia to fit in…. They should make the crotch area baggier, much baggier.

ampthill

My Paramo’s were £14 for one pair

But they are ace and when I win the lottery my first purchase will be anothe 6 pairs

dudeofdoom

The howies boxers are nice and don’t rub when on the bike 🙂

legend
    Free Member

don’t rub when on the bike

lul wut?

nickdavies

I’m pretty sure it was only 3 pairs for £18 when I bought some the other weekend – I cried a little…
    You can self justify though, cos 7 pairs of socks are the same price so it evens out at 5 of each for £18!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member

No wonder they are struggling.

The 4 pairs for £18 is aimed at the managerial/professional type customer.

You might be interested in 4 pairs for £7.50 :

http://www.marksandspencer.com/4-pack-classic-pure-cotton-briefs/p/p22284745

mudshark
    Free Member

This is not just pants, this is M&S pants

I buy ’em, I suppose they do seem to cost a bit more than they used to even with inflation – not sure if correct – but I’m not risking anything else for my parts.

Jamie
    Free Member

1. Haven’t M&S got a sale on at the mo?

2. The quality has gone reet down. Next is where it’s at for middle management undercrackers.

grilla
    Free Member

4 pairs for £4.50 in the sale

http://www.marksandspencer.com/4-pack-pure-cotton-plain-slips/p/p22034574

I have 8 pairs that have lasted 2 years, that would be 1.2pence per day of pant-age.

Suggsey
    Free Member

My last M&S ones lasted well over 10 years………as for he issue of packaging you’ve got to buy the right shaped ones….and as for next they don’t do fat bastard size that I require 😆

bomberman
    Free Member

Tenner in Asda. Although only ever bought George underpants in an emergency.

bearnecessities

I nipped into Debenhams the other day as *ahem* needed some pants at short notice and usual TKMax Pringle purchase not possible.

Closest in style/plain colour was Calvin Klein….2 pants, £41.

£41???!!

nbt

Price is about right I reckon. Not keen on George stuff, it’s better than Sainsbury’s though. Best I ever bought was Jockey 100% cotton hipsters, incredibly comfortable. They were £4 a pair in Morrisons about ten or twelve years ago and I treated myself to several, picked up a couple of pairs each time I went shopping (office was down the road so I went in about one a week to get lunch or pick up something for the evening meal) till I had over 15. Over the years they’ve got holey and I’m down to just a few left, I would love to replace them but despite keeping an eye out have never seen them again. Found a shop selling Jockey underwear in Buxton but they didn’t have that version and the ones I did but just aren’t as comfy 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

I nipped into Debenhams the other day as *ahem* needed some pants at short notice and usual TKMax Pringle purchase not possible.

Closest in style/plain colour was Calvin Klein….2 pants, £41.

£41???!!

I’d be wearing them inside out on the second day for that price…….

chip
    Free Member

Everyone knows it’s back to front before inside out.

I can’t believe anyone knows how old their pants are.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes, that struck me as odd as well. When the elastic is no longer elastic or there are holes more than 1cm across is the usual time for a change, time has nothing to do with it.

matt_outandabout

What dannyh said.

And M&S make ‘cosseting’ and yet durable pants IMO.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Everyone knows it’s back to front before inside out.

If you go for “no-wash” pants the yellow should always be at the front and brown at the back.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The other reason for passing on M&S is that the quality has gone through the floor. As with so much of their stuff it’s the weak thread and poor construction which lets them down. I might try ASDA or Sainsburys’ or even Matalan next…

grilla
    Free Member

Batch purchase of pants and socks, just after christmas year before last, from M&S Camberley.

Why do anything else ? Is there some thrill in spontaneous underwear purchasing ? All my socks are also identical so 0 effort in pairing them after washing. She’s a lucky woman !

I nipped into Debenhams the other day as *ahem* needed some pants at short notice

dirty boy !

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As with so much of their stuff it’s the weak thread and poor construction which lets them down.

Your pants have been splitting at the seams ? Try larger size/smaller portions.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

They’ve unravelled around the elasticated hem. It’s not the only example of M&S poor construction self-destructing; their trousers go at the leg seems and the turn ups.

ton

primark essentials here. cotton boxer. £5.99 2 pairs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

their trousers go at the leg seems and the turn ups.

I get what you mean by going at the leg seams but how can they go at the turn ups ? The turn ups become turn downs ?

bearnecessities

Getting a bit OT, but agree about the M&S quality thing on trousers as my last pair of non-suit trousers for work (£30 jobbies), look knackered after a dozen washes.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes, the thread that used to hold them up, doesn’t.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I never.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘HOW MUCH?!’ is closed to new replies.