Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How many showgirls required for a 'spectacular'?
  • RustySpanner

Just back from beautiful, downtown Burnley after seeing the ‘Ratpack Vegas Spectacular’.

Band were good.
    Sammy Davis Jr was superb, a great effort by (ex Premier League and NI international, trivia fans) Jim Whitley. Top tap too.
    Dean Martin sang well, despite resembling Dustin Gee rather more than the man himself and the bloke doing Frank Sinatra was the best of the lot, brilliant effort.

But.

It said ‘showgirls’ on the flyer.
    And ‘Spectacular!’. In BIG LETTERS.

We got two girls.
    Very nice they were too, but they had a lot of stage to cover & it was a very long gig.
    They got a bit knackered,it all got a bit ‘Stonehenge’ and I got the giggles.

I couldn’t help thinking though, does two showgirls, three singers, a band and some stairs covered in carpet make a ‘Spectacular’?

Good night, but I can’t help thinking they’re a bit deluded ambitious with the advertising.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

well there is more than two on the web page :

http://www.ratpack.biz/

RustySpanner

I know.
    And on the flyer.
    😐

Perhaps they thought four might have been a bit, y’know, ‘fast’ for Burnley?

Northwind

“Showgirls” only requires 2 or more. It’s like the salad avec black and green olives I got in france, that had one of each in it.

Edric64
    Free Member

Bloke asked me for a Sammy Davis when I worked in a pub years ago .When I
    asked what he meant he said a small brown with the top off !!

thegreatape
    Free Member

When you say it all got a bit Stonehenge…….?

RustySpanner

As in Spinal Tap.

At no point in the performance did I feel like I had been transported to Vegas.
    Maplins, possibly, but not Vegas.

I did enjoy it though.
    🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

minimum 5

Harry_the_Spider

It depends. If it is in the privacy of your own back bedroom then I think any more than 3 would be pretty awesome.

chambord
    Free Member

And there’s me thinking any more than 0 is doing well…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How many showgirls required for a 'spectacular'?’ is closed to new replies.