Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 196 total)
  • How many showers per day?
  • funkmasterp

I’m with Houns metaphorically speaking. Unless he’s my wife, then I’ve showered with him. I can’t function and just feel dirty and wrong for the whole day if I don’t have a shower first thing.

Only time I have another in the same day is if I’ve exercised, ridden the bike, one of the kids has puked or shat all over me or I’ve done Manuel work. Showering before bed seems odd. Tends to wake me up having a shower, which isn’t the desired effect at bed time. Unless it’s Wednesday and I’m wearing my business socks.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

just rinse it in the penis beaker don’t i

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Once a day usually before bed in winter.
    Summer if it’s warm twice a day.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Morning shower every day ..
    After a bike ride I prefer to soak in the bath ..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Depends but some of you seem obsessive get up have a shower ride a bike have a shower WHY? Just ride then shower

Much less in winter as I dont sweat so much on the commute so I tend to only have one when i get home. In summer could be twice a day winter could be every other day essentially when I am dirty rather than just having a default setting

Showering before bed then when you wake is up is either awesome great dirty monkey sex or pointless

jonnyboi

But guys who don’t perspire much can afford to go 2 to 3 days without showering, says Dr. Kiripolsky.

And maybe Rivera is on to something: Excessive showering weakens your skin’s barrier function, making it more likely to react to fragrances, dyes, and other potential irritants. As a result, your skin can become red, dry, and itchy.

There you go, unless you’re exercising then 2-3 days is about right if you aren’t a sweaty bollocks.

breadcrumb

Those oddballs that shower before bed but not in the morning…. Doesn’t it wake you up at night? Don’t you feel manky in the morning? Surely a shower in the morning wakes you up and makes you feel fresh for the day? If I don’t shower in the morning I feel grimy and sluggish

Seeing as there’s a good chance I’ll be covered in bits of grinding disc and cut up steel pretty quickly at work a shower in the morning would be wasted on me.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

This reminds me of a filthy **** I used to work with.

Working away from home he was in the hotel bar as soon as we arrived every night. No shower after being on a Building site all day pulling cables. And in the morning he always said I’ll have a shower after work. Whole week unwashed, and the stink of his shit from the toilet.
    Great quotes were “I’ve just shat a walking stick” & “ it was still in my arse when it reached the water” skid marks all over the bowl and arguing that it wasn’t him that made the mess.

The last person I ever shared a room with from work.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Working class – bath after work
    Middle class – shower in morning

Make you choice….

darrell
    Free Member

prolly about 3 or 4 times a week max

it’s too much really and not necessary unless doing sport

myti
    Free Member

Looks like I’m working class then. Dirty outdoor job so no point in the morning and being outside is enough to wake me up.

lunge

Once before work, either at work if I’ve cycled in or at home if I’m on the train
    Once after exercise, so pretty much every day.
    So yeah, twice most days.

jonnyboi

I bet most of you don’t even wee in the shower

unknown
    Free Member

Anything other than once a day, in the morning, is utterly, utterly mad.

trademark
    Free Member

I have a shower on the 1st of every month whether I’m dirty or not

spooky_b329

Twice a day…sod that unless its in the middle of a heatwave.

Now I have a desk job, I normally shower every other day but can easily do every 3rd day if I’m not exerting myself without any ‘odour’ problems 🙂

Obviously if I’m cycling, I will shower the same day.

piemonster

Once a day, any more causes skin problems

Less in winter and I feel better for it.

SaxonRider

Exactly what funkmasterp said ^^^.

Except for the sock bit.

brocks
    Free Member

Once a week whether I need one or not.

km79
    Free Member

Probably average out at twice a day, sometimes three times. Always once in the morning, even if I am going to swim/gym first thing. Then usually after exercise and even again later after work if I was going out somewhere.

downhillfast
    Free Member

I don’t think 2 showers a day is excessive. Maybe switch to a fragrance free/ph neutral shower gel or something.

redmex
    Free Member

I wonder how many of the every third day brigade give the teeth a wee miss for a few days

whitestone
    Free Member

Zero.

Because we don’t have a shower at home (or have one at work – use wet wipes after biking in).

I’ll have a bath as and when, might be daily, might be every other day, might be every three days.

MrOvershoot

Most days before bed unless I’ve had an easy day & its been cold.

The thought of getting into bed after a days work without showering just makes me itch + your only going to grind all that dirt into your bed clothes, 6 or 7 odd hours in bed asleep hardly warrants a shower in the morning.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Once a day for me, in the morning and again if I’ve been on the bike / gym.

I never used to bother showering in the morning if I was about to jump on my bike, seemed a ‘waste’ but since the metalwork went in my arms I need a pretty hot shower to get moving in the morning.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I thought at 1-2 showers a day I was an average ‘hygienic’ person but after reading most of this thread I have diagnosed myself with OCD cleanliness issues.
    Some of you must be right stinkers or don’t have any ‘intimate relations’ 😯

johndoh
    Free Member

shakers97 – Member
    I shower once a day. I consider that excessive compared to growing up the 70s and 80s when one bath a week, inc hair wash was all I got.

POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #
    This. Went swimming with the kids today and want to scratch my skin off.

jeffl

Varies. If I’m sitting on my arse at work and driving around then once every other day. If I’m cycling to and from work then twice a day. So probably averages out at every 1.5 days. Quick wash and a whores bath on non shower days. Sorted.

spooky_b329

I wonder how many of the every third day brigade give the teeth a wee miss for a few days

You wonder incorrectly…brush twice a day, got one filling and that was when my dentist changed to a shady one, the second time I got a second opinion and it turns out he was just drilling my teeth (and the wife’s) for cash.

I try to stretch my shaves to every other day as well as my skin gets irritated, however I have dark stubble so look really scruffy on the 3rd day :d

crankrider
    Free Member

Are the people showering 3 times a day the type that changes bedding every 1-2 days too?

cinnamon_girl

I thought at 1-2 showers a day I was an average ‘hygienic’ person but after reading most of this thread I have diagnosed myself with OCD cleanliness issues.
    Some of you must be right stinkers or don’t have any ‘intimate relations’

+1

I don’t want to know how often clothes/sheets/towels are changed either. 😐

tjagain

One shower a day for me – a second if sweaty / dirty

My guess would not be the showering itself – its the soaps and products being used.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Have things changed so much since showers became the norm I wonder?
    I remember only having a bath in our house & maybe using it myself 2-3 times a week. This was in the 70’s (1970’s not 1870’s)
    Can’t remember anyone being particularly stinky back then.
    & I bet no-one says, ‘ooh, I felt really mucky back then & had a bath every day, wish we’d had a shower’.
    Daft innit? I can’t imagine going on holiday in a renty cottage for instance & it having no shower!
    But that’s the way it was.

mattyfez

showering 3 times a day

How do these people find the time to hold down a job that fits in with thier OCD hygiene regime?

MrSmith
    Free Member

But a shower takes a few minutes it’s not like a bath which takes ages.
    I don’t have any hair to do sort afterwards so just a quick scrub and go.

colournoise

oldmanmtb – Member
    Working class – bath after work
    Middle class – shower in morning

Born and raised very working class, have a very middle class job.

One shower a day, usually in the evening. Occasional bath in the winter after a proper cold ride.

scotroutes

Once a day.
    Usually first thing in the morning, unless I’m off walking/cycling in which case it’ll wait till I’ve finished.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Every other day unless I’ve been cycling, I’m hairy so sweat needs properly washed out or it just stays.

Believe it or not there are other ways to wash without immersing youself in water.

[quote]I don’t want to know how often clothes/sheets/towels are changed either.
    [/quote]

Every day for underwear and tshirts, top and jeans can do a few days, towels get used once and sheets changed about weekly.

Wonder how many folk that shower so often get straight back into a pair of jeans that havent been washed in six months in all weathers 😕

taxi25
    Free Member

I wash/shower/bath if I’m dirty. That could be 2 or 3 times a day or once a week. It all depend’s what I’ve been doing. Growing up in the 60’s Sunday night was bath night, end of.

CraigW
    Free Member

Once every 2 to 3 days usually. Or more often if I have got particularly sweaty/dirty, ie running. Don’t usually get that sweaty from cycling, unless it is really hot weather.
    Never more than once a day.

And I avoid showering first thing in the morning, low blood pressure means a risk of fainting.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘How many showers per day?’ is closed to new replies.