Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 196 total)
  • How many showers per day?
  • wiggles
    Free Member

0.9 (miss the odd day here and there)

wilburt
    Free Member

At the risk of getting into four Yorkshirmen territory, not only was Sunday night bath night but as the youngest of three I got the third hand bath water.

I think anyone washing three times a day is probably doing themselves harm and how do you possibly have time for life?

Showers are more convienient now just just hop in and out but I would still suggest washing when needed rather than dogmatically at any one time. Oh and using soap bar rather than gel.
    Teeth daily and triim the beard every other week or so and can quite happily go days without looking in a mirror

Underwear clean most days unless it still looks fresh or no clean is available.
    Clothes depends what I’m doing but I like to do no more than one wash per week so If I use more clothes than that can handle its a failure. Bed linen every week or two.

Not only is this approach time efficient but also a reasonable balance of hygiene and resource use.

DrP

At least once a day – I HAVE to have a morning shower to make me feel ‘clean and awake’.. even if going for a swim/ride etc, i jsut feel better after a morning shower..
    THen I’ll shower after a ride – sweat/mud is grim!

I’d agree; from a medical POV, excessive washing will dry out your skin. Also, use sensitive products (sanex etc) to prevent this a bit.

DrP

funkmasterp

Oh and using soap bar rather than gel.

I worked in a soap factory in my teens and will therefore never touch soap again. I’m also one of those people thst wears jeans for ages. Nothing worse than freshly washed jeans. It takes a few days to get them comfy. Simply perform the crotch sniff before putting them on to make sure you’re good 🙂

darrell
    Free Member

maybe this thread could be linked to the one about saving the planet and trying to cut down on using resources and stuff

you know like energy and water and chemicals

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’m kind of surprised so many people have a shower in the morning but not at night.

I’m always pretty manky by the end of the day, makes sense to me to be nice and clean before hitting the hay.

My dad’s told me on several occasions that when he were a lad a bath was a once-a-week job. He also learnt to write on a piece of slate though, I think they were a bit backward in Wick in the 50’s…

spekkie
    Free Member

I’ve worked with people who thought a “Shower in a Can” was good enough.

New deodorant on top of old deodorant . . . noooooo!

Jeez, just remembered a guy who wore one white shirt a week at work. Collar was proper filthy by Friday. He was Canadian iirc.

weeksy

I’m in the bath right now!you know, naked! Yup, right now.

funkmasterp

I’m in the bath right now!you know, naked! Yup, right now.

Without pictures how are we supposed to believe you?

weeksy

No pics before breakfast!

Houns

I don’t see the point in a “whore’s bath” either, having a good wash at the sink takes longer than a shower

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I’ve worked with people who thought a “Shower in a Can” was good enough.

New deodorant on top of old deodorant . . . noooooo!

Was told it was called an Essex shower, but I guess it’s like a “Saughton fanny” and has numerous names depending on location

chestrockwell

One for me usually, in the morning. If i’m going out on the bike I will wait until after but I I plan to go for a run I will have a quick morning shower followed by a proper one after exercise. Sometimes have a bath after the kids are put to bed.

Very rare that I wouldn’t have either a shower or bath every day as I don’t like to feel grubby.

nickc

I don’t think the amount of showers/water matters as much as the type and amount of product you’re using while you’re in there.

DrJ

Someone with time on their hands needs to cross-correlate this thread with the “stinky office-mate” threads.

Euro
    Free Member

I only shower when required – it’s not a fixed routine, so a couple a week on average and at least one bath too. Wash my bits every day though and brush teeth at least 3 times a day. Time my showers for after a cycle/exercise if possible*. More if i’m going out or seeing a lady friend.

*Just joined a gym so that number will probably increase.

g5604
    Free Member

How long are people showering for?

4min once a day in the morning.

MrSmith
    Free Member

maybe this thread could be linked to the one about saving the planet and trying to cut down on using resources and stuff

you know like energy and water and chemicals

Despite the 1-3 showers a day I use 32 cubic M a year of water (average is 52 for a 1 bed flat) I don’t own a car and my total energy bill is £470 a year for heating/water/cooking

I’m not a tree hugger but I’m certainly not raping the planet!

onehundredthidiot

Wasn’t there a thread not so long ago about jeans and some folk wearing them for months without washing them? Any of the twice daily showerers in that camp?

shifter
    Free Member

Once per day in the evening, twice if biking to work.
    Squirrelking, use a towel only once? That’s amazing, your washer must be busy.

Speeder

oneupmanship, OCD, tribalism, environmentalism & paranoia all rolled up into a single thread – brilliant!

😆

convert

towels get used once

How dirty is your body after you have showered that you have to lob the towel straight in the wash?

We ourselves and the stuff we touch too often in my opinion.

slowoldman

I consider that excessive compared to growing up the 70s and 80s when one bath a week, inc hair wash was all I got.

Aye, Sunday night was bath night (ready for school on Monday) whether I needed it or not.

Moses

Once a day in the mornings, plus after a dirty ride.
    I only use shower gel / shampoo every few days, usually it’s just water.

squirrelking
    Free Member

So how many times do you use a towel?

Given I can sweat just by thinking about it I don’t really fancy wiping that over myself, or someone else again. That’s before you start getting between toes and such.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I used to use a lot of soap and had all sorts of problems with my skin. Now I shower once a day, but only one application of soap and then a long long warm rinse. Not too hot. Skin feels great 🙂

smell_it
    Free Member

3/4 day, one when I get up, one when I get in and one post ride, and the fourth will depend on nookie activity.

Rorschach
    Free Member

So 3 then.

smell_it
    Free Member

Yeah, generally 3 😳

beej

I can’t believe people use towels!

Get all clean then rub some potentially dirty cloth over yourselves? Filth monsters.

I just run around naked to dry off. Inside in the winter, outside in the summer.

convert

So how many times do you use a towel?

Given I can sweat just by thinking about it I don’t really fancy wiping that over myself, or someone else again. That’s before you start getting between toes and such.

Change towel once a week. Generally try to clean myself (inc between toes) when showering so 99.9% of what the towel is removing is actual water. Yes, there must be some skin rubbed off (hence why the towel needs washing at all) but I’m happy that once a week (so 7-10 uses) is a happy compromise.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Showers per DAY? really? I’d hazard a guess at 3/4 times per WEEK.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Isn’t “how many showers per week” a simpler question, for the sake of avoiding decimals?

I shower before bed as I like a clean sleep 🙂

Never even thought about the condition of my skin. But that’s not the kind of person I am anyway. I may have accidentally got some moisturiser on my hands once. I washed it off right away.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Odd thread, I thought everyone showered at least once a day.. at a time to suit themselves 😆

Some of you must properly stink, and are single, or have no contact with other human beings.. 😆

We are basically animals that produce all sorts of nasty stinky smells and excretions, you’d be a fool not to clean that gunk off at least once a day.

Dirty, dirty people.

tails
    Free Member

Some of you need a good jet wash! At least daily often twice a day.

In answer to the OP is she drinking enough water, moisturising or this skin brushes might help.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Happily married here, never had anyone complain about smell. Don’t use deodorant either.

mattyfez

Pro tip, if you don’t scrub yourself raw with chemicals 3 times a day, you don’t need to moisturise!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some of you must properly stink, and are single, or have no contact with other human beings..

why would i want contact i would get germs and then I would need my fifth shower of the day

jonnyboi

From reading some of the replies on here I’m guessing a lot of you are germophobes, smell like the body shop, and are probably virgins.

Embrace your healthy man musk.

wilburt
    Free Member

We are basically animals that produce all sorts of nasty stinky smells and excretions, you’d be a fool not to clean that gunk off at least once a day.

..and for 99.9999% of our 5 million year existence we washed as required or not at all just like every other animal. Those excretions are there for a reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘How many showers per day?’ is closed to new replies.