Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • How many firkin bonfirenights do we need
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

My rescued working springer is a jabbering wreck- probably down to the therapy he received to help him get over it 👿

gwaelod
    Free Member

It’s years since I’ve seen a proper bonfire.

When I grew up it was traditional to wait for the bonfire to burn down then jump across it…I assumed this was just teenage boys being silly buggers, but then someone told me it’s a tradition that dates back well into the mists of celtic prehistory – jumping through the flames was some sort of coming of age ritual.

bruneep

Should tax em and tax em high I say!

Make it an “environmental tax” just spent the morning picking up firework litter in our garden and surrounding the house after the weekend display courtesy of our local chav family.

andypaul99
    Free Member

b r – this is STW don’t forget, the home of the First World Problem.

Not when you love your dog more than your wife it isnt, its everything.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Bonfire night is nothing compared to the onslaught we get from diwali. All though it seems all the chavs around here saved their benefits until the fireworks were half price and had home displays last night (and I dare say tonight).

El-bent
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

However, going to a proper big display and having the loud ‘booms’ shaking you to the core is quite fun, sadly going to Sydney every year would be expensive

You don’t need to go to Sydney, the same company that have done the. Sydney NYE show are uk based. They do Most of the high end shows here. Jubilee, Olympics, NYE in London etc etc.

Set to music, computerised shows. They are incredible

andypaul99
    Free Member

Neighbour has just started his chavtastic display and im about to get the hose out. Wish me luck.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I live in the middle of a rather large old council estate. We get a few fireworks but not many and none to annoy us. The football ground is 100yds away as the crow flies, so we get to see their display for free. I like fireworks. I look foreward to them every year. And Halloween. Love it.

Dogs, however……

Our next door and across the back fence neighbours have yappy terriers that they let into the garden at random times, usually just before I get up or just after I fall asleep. This happens ALL YEAR ROUND DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY.

So, dog owners, you ain’t all that welcome, either

GrahamS

Okay come on. Ten past midnight on a Sunday is officially taking the piss surely?

scotroutes

It took you 24 hours to post that?

mattbee

I love fireworks, especially the ones that make it look like the footage that came out of the first night of areal bombardment in Iraq.
    My dog hates them though, so it’s a reall bind. Mind you, a combo of DAP diffusers in the house and a Thundershirt has turned him from a wreck of a thing trying to dig through the carpet to a mildly nervous dog lying quietly at my feet, so my attitude towards them has relaxed more this year. Do think it goes on for too long though…

GrahamS

It took you 24 hours to post that?

I admire your pedantry. 😆

“Ten past midnight on Monday morning” is technically correct but sounds a bit clumsy.

lemonysam
    Free Member

They were odd fireworks though weren’t they? All bang, not much of a flash plus they only set off about one per hour.

GrahamS

Yeah I suspect it was probably kids letting one off then running away till they felt brave again.

Or maybe just really tight unsociable adults. 😀

shifter
    Free Member

Oh hang on, it’s bonfire night tonight! 11 days late and starting at ten o’clock at night ffs. Winkers. 👿

NZCol

I think they are only sold here for a few days before nov 5th but last night we were up the Coast in a tiny little place in the camper. About midnight some fu$&@? Let off the loudest firework display right beside us – I almost wet myself but somehow the baby slept through it. I’d like to see people doing that made to install all the rockets up their arse.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How many firkin bonfirenights do we need’ is closed to new replies.