Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How long to get over pneumonia?
  • mos

Had the worst of it a couple of weeks ago & on my second course of anti-biotics now. But i just feel so damn feeble & tired all the time. How long should it be before i am back to something like normal?

Hohum
    Free Member

Took me 6 weeks to recover.

It does vary though by person.

How long in general do you take to recover from illnesses? Some people are very quick and others just never seem to recover.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And on any underlying illnesses or conditions too…

My dad never recovered due to a previously weakened heart 🙁

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Took me about 6 weeks,Would have been quicker if the first 1.5 weeks worth of antibiotics had worked 😡

PiknMix
    Free Member

I was out for well over 8 weeks (but then I had very serious pneumonia) Do not rush your recovery it will only make you feel worse.

Get better soon I really wouldn't wish pneumonia on my worst enemy I thought I was going to die!

ski
    Free Member

For me, it was a good 6 weeks before I started to feel something like normal.

As Pik n Mix mentions do not rush your recovery.

mos

OK, house renovation can take a back seat for a few weeks then. Ta.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

mos – Member
    OK, house renovation can take a back seat for a few weeks then. Ta

God, yes, health comes before flogging yourself stupid rennovating the house, unless the roof leaks constantly and you feel your living conditions are wo0rsening your health.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The more you rest the quicker it will heal.
    At one point i couldnt walk 15ft without getting totally breathless.
    I lost 3 stone in 2 weeks due to coughing so hard i would be sick,i didnt sleep for 13 days and had started to hallucinate,i was in a bad way for 4 weeks,spent 6 days in hospital with a breathing mask on and loads of wires all over me.In the end they injected the anti-biotics directly into my blood stream,this was the highest amount you could give someone,i had blood taken every 3-4 hours to check the anti-biotics wern't buggering me up internally.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How long to get over pneumonia?’ is closed to new replies.