Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How long is your carbon frame warranty ?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Just curious what each manufacturers frame warranty is like on carbon frames? Test rode a Scott Spark 29er yesterday and frame warranty is only 2 years, with the option of an annual check to extend to a max 5 years. What are others like?

neil853
    Free Member

I think my SC is 5 years? I know the bearings are lifetime to me but not so sure on the actual frame. Thats quite bad I don’t know that isn’t it 🙄

anc
    Free Member

Treks road frames are lifetime with the original purchaser, not sure about the mtb frames

njee20
    Free Member

All Trek and Spesh are lifetime.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

For life via Trek, and I tested it this year too. Excellent service to boot. 8 days from dropping the frame off to having a new one back home.

vinnyeh

3 years (Ibis), and a no fault replacement service. A lot of praise on mtbr for customer service for problems.

iainc

giant road bike – 10 yrs 🙂

whytetrash

Tomac…lifetime

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

whytetrash – Member

Tomac…lifetime

Hopefully the new Tomac’s will actually last a lifetime….

honourablegeorge

njee20 – Member
    All Trek and Spesh are lifetime.

Not true for their full suspension bikes. Some of the front triangles are, but swingarms vary, some as little as one year, and gravity bikes have much shorter warranties overall for Trek, I think.

smoggy
    Free Member

2007 Giant XTC Composite, 5 years on the frame (ends in september this year) 🙁

Don’t know if they’ve changed their t’s and c’c since then though…..

huw
    Free Member

5 Years on my Niner Jet 9 RDO

dee66
    Free Member

3 years or 5 years if I have an annual service. Scott Scale.
    Should be long enough for any manafacturing defects.

traildog
    Free Member

Be interesting what these warranty’s are actually covering. Probably just manufacturing defects. Which you’ll probably discover pretty quickly anyway. I’d have thought a crash replacement policy might be of more interest?
    I’m not saying carbon is going to break over aluminium because I actually think the opposite, what I’m saying is why be so worried about warranty?

njee20
    Free Member

what I’m saying is why be so worried about warranty?

+1, not really a consideration when I buy owt I must say.

Not true for their full suspension bikes. Some of the front triangles are, but swingarms vary, some as little as one year, and gravity bikes have much shorter warranties overall for Trek, I think

The Session Carbon is 2 years, which is fair enough, the others are lifetime, with 5 years on the swingarm, which is also fair enough IMO.

TheFlyingOx

The Pronghorn is apparently lifetime, but then I’m taking a chance that Pronghorn will be around and/or honouring warranties if/when it spontaneously combusts.

The Look is 5 years, which is a bit naff but hey ho. It takes less abuse than the Prongy.

Sancho
    Free Member

I know Scott did a “warranty replacement” on my friends Scott Strike G-Zero after nearly fifteen years, but it was the aluminium inserts that failed not the carbon.

Kuco

IIRC Cannondale is lifetime.

Rubber_Buccaneer

On-one whippet so I guess I have a two year warranty, I haven’t given it much thought. I have just assumed they’d be reasonable in the event of a problem.

petewon
    Free Member

My Ibis is lifetime for the original owner.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Stay in your (Ti) comfort zone Joe – you know you want a Lynskey really. 😉

So, what was today’s mule?

honourablegeorge

njee20 – Member

The Session Carbon is 2 years, which is fair enough, the others are lifetime, with 5 years on the swingarm, which is also fair enough IMO

So it is – they’ve changed it again. Good for them, they had a much shorter warranty for a couple of years.

Blackhound

I have a Titus Oseo carbon road frame, so not a lot I guess since there financial problems. Planet-X have said they would honour it or something but hoping that will not be necessary.

vinnyeh

My Ibis is lifetime for the original owner.

Mine’s not. What are you riding then?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How long is your carbon frame warranty ?’ is closed to new replies.