Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How long does the pad stitching in your shorts last?
  • cheers_drive

I’ve just noticed that the stitching on my Scott lycra shorts is wearing thin and doesn’t have much life left in them. It’s the 5th pair of shorts from various brands, baggy and lycra that the stitching on the pad has failed. They probaby lasted 30 rides and washes max. Have I got some some of super acidic arse sweat going on or is this normal? It’s getting annoying and expensive (the rest of the construction of the shorts are fine), I’ve ordered some Castelli lycra shorts as the latest replacemnt incase spending a little more helps.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have had Assos last a year or five, not sure why the discrepancy, just restitch and they are fine again.

coatesy
    Free Member

Have similar problems with mine regardless of make,some lasting little more than a couple of months before stitching is required. Was also thinking along the lines of super acidic wee dribbles as mine always go at the front.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Maybe its riding in wet muddy conditions? I have never had the stitiching go (endura, altura, specialized) etc so can’t comment. Perhaps time on the bike vs number of shorts owned ratio is high ? 😉

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

jesus

nickc

Jesus makes your stitching come loose?

seems a bit mean…

hopster
    Free Member

17 years and still going strong although the lycra is dangerously thin so they only get worn under bibtights.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Suffering similar troubles here

Only my giordana tenax shorts seem to be made of sterner stuff.

I want to bring a couple of pairs in to the local repairs shop but fear being laughed out the door!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How long does the pad stitching in your shorts last?’ is closed to new replies.