Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How is everyone mounting their Reverb remote?
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hello Chaps,

After reading the Reverb thread on MTBR, lots of users seem to be mounting them under the bars – i.e. the right-handed remote, mounted upside down on the left.

What’s everyone else doing with theirs?

Cheers

Butty

Trimix
    Free Member

Left hand side, upside down. I have no shifter on that side, so it makes sence.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mines in the normal position on the right, never damaged in a crash and it’s had quite a few bad ones in it’s short life, just avoid working on th ebike upside down.

But going 1×10 I might move it under the bars on the left to free up some space as it’s a comprimise between shifter, brakes and remote at the moment.

rewski
    Free Member

On the right, a lot of moving around, took a while to feel natural.

stevede
    Free Member

I’m planning on running my right lever under the bars on the left when it arrives – i run 1×10 gearing so have the room on the left and under the bars means less prone to crash damage and not in the way when i turn my bike upside down to fix a puncture for example.

billysugger
    Free Member

On the right, right handed, above. I try not to crash.

Not very mobile left wrist dictated it.

rickmeister

Left under the bars, enough for the rh to do with braking/shifting so I put it on the left… I havn’t got monkey hands…

purser_mark
    Free Member

rickmeister – Do you have a front shifter? Is there enough room for underside left and shifters?

I’d like to get one oredered but would rather run it under bar.

snakebite
    Free Member

my left hand remote is now under my right hand between shifter and grip..

purser_mark
    Free Member

sb – How’s that work, well?

messiah
    Free Member

Hardtail = Left hand side, upside down. I have no shifter on that side so it makes sence.

Full Suss = Right hand side above the bar as it’s the only place it will fit due to shifters/brakes.

Both work brilliantly and I have no issues with flip/floping between the two… but both on the LHS would be better.

scud
    Free Member

Another RH remote, mounted upside down on left, feels fine, dictated by On One only selling RH models for £199!

dizcostix
    Free Member

right hand mount, on the left side under the bars. running 1×9 so no front shifter.

its just too exposed mounted above the bars – in a crash as well as flipping your bike upside down to remove wheels – trailside puncture etc.

It’s not a cheap fix if you smash it up.

myopic
    Free Member

Right hand one, on the right, above the bars. No problems until crash last weekend where I bent the barb insert just where it screws into the control. Still works fine and could have happened jsut as easily if it had been on the left under the bars as that bit would be sticking out the front whatever.

orena45

Bought a Reverb this week and have mounted my right hand lever upside down on the left. I have a front shifter so it’s a bit tricky mounting the lever and the front shifter together within easy reach and without interfering with one another, but seems to just about work…in the shed at least! Will get out and test it this weekend so will see how it operates in practice!

twotonpredator

RH mount under the bars on the left.

Jeffus
    Free Member

+1 Left hand side, upside down. I have no shifter on that side

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How is everyone mounting their Reverb remote?’ is closed to new replies.