• This topic has 46 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • How good are Kia Rios + (General First car buying advice )
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

and are those completed sales coming from a dealer with a warrenty ? or privately sold as seen ?

applesandoranges
    Free Member

and are those completed sales coming from a dealer with a warrenty ? or privately sold as seen ?

It’s a mixture of both but I’ll add 2 to 300 more if the car is being sold by a dealer.

privately that rio would be about 800 quid ill bet- by the time he pays auction fees , checks it out and sticks on the warrenty/”quote”

Actually the seller told me he doesnt buy from auctions rather the internet.

sbob
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

i missed the part where regular servicing sorted out seals that had perished from lack of lubrication and use…..

We’re talking about a modern car that isn’t used much, not a relic from the 70s with much lower quality seals that has been sat for years without moving.
    Whilst your experience is not incorrect, it almost certainly isn’t applicable.

but feel free to keep the confirmation bias as you quite smuggly put it the other day.

😆
    Ah, you’re the chap that likes to pay over the odds for crap cars.
    FWIW, you solicited that reply, and despite having given up driving so I have the ecological high ground over Edukator, I am still called upon to help family and friends shop for vehicles, so you’re assumption is quite wrong. 🙂

applesandoranges
    Free Member

We’re talking about a modern car that isn’t used much, not a relic from the 70s with much lower quality seals that has been sat for years without moving.
    Whilst your experience is not incorrect, it almost certainly isn’t applicable.

😀 😀
    Basically he is saying a high mileage car is more reliable than a low mileage car. It’s a point to consider but as you say now way a deal breaker.

I’d sure put my money on the lower mileage car, less time on the road, less chance of bumps and scrapes etc or badly driven . I am a the poor car peasant here and Mr Rat clearly is superior because he pays a lot more for a higher mileage car.

Question is if you had to bet what car would get engine problems first in 40 k miles time (for me is achievable) what would you choose?

A well looked after 26 k diesel that’s been stood a lot of its life or for argument sake a well Looked after 65 k diesel (going price for £1500 o8 – 09/Rio).which will sell for more(spec4spec)?

What do I know anyway eh I was the one who asked for help in first place 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well if it’s like that crack on . I’m sure it’ll be a great car as I said- it’s not me that has to fix it 🙂

Try sbob he seems well experience in the whole matter he says so above 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

Question is if you had to bet what car would get engine problems first in 40 k miles time (for me is achievable) what would you choose?

A Vauxhall. 😆

I’ve known of a few Vauxhalls to have terminal engine problems at <100,000 miles. Shouldn’t happen to any modern car.

Try sbob he seems well experience in the whole matter

Well yes I am quite experienced in the whole matter, although I will admit that my manufacturing experience has predominantly been in motorsport and pre-production prototypes.
    That’s probably how I’m more aware of the increase in quality of seals and lubricants compared to those of yesteryear. 😀

Nico
    Free Member

I’d sure put my money on the lower mileage car, less time on the road, less chance of bumps and scrapes etc or badly driven.

There are other factors.

Engines wear more in the time before they reach full operating temperature, which will be a disproportionately high fraction of the running time of a low mileage car, but it may also be absolutely higher if the car makes several short jouneys in a day. Compared to a car that makes two long journeys.

Then there is the condensed water in the stop/start car.

Low mileage cars are more likely to be driven by people who don’t know when to change gear or operate a clutch, or park without hitting something (fact). Or they may be driven by youf who thrash them to impress their mates but never go further than five miles from home.

You can never be sure how they were driven, but you can make a guess based on probabilities.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How good are Kia Rios + (General First car buying advice )’ is closed to new replies.