Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How fast is Aaron Gwin!?
  • dja25
    Free Member

Wowsers, just stumbled across this video of Aaron Gwin! That man has some skills. Wish I could ride like that. Can’t buy that sort of speed

grum
    Free Member

Quite fast?

Cool video, does look almost speeded up at times!

scaredypants

I dunno – he looks pretty slow on some of that

allthepies
    Free Member

Hope hubs 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can’t buy that sort of speed

Marketing fail by shimano then, isn’t the point of that video to sell you the new saint because clearly it’ll make us all that fast 😛

Who was it that said (words to this effect, racing driver I think?) that everyone can go fast arround a corner, 100% on the limit, it’s the ability to do it perfectly at 99% of the limit, on every corner, on every lap that wins races.

There’s plenty of people who could star in that video, and do it just as ‘fast’, what marks out the racers is their ability to probably do that track repeatedly at the same pace, whereas others would take an entire day to get enough shots of enough corners to make it look like they rode the track that quickly. Bit like the freeride/dirt jump sections in videos, it looks effortless and easy, because if they showed the unedited footage it’d be 2 days of crashes and dodgy landings.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Bit like the freeride/dirt jump sections in videos, it looks effortless and easy…

Does it???! You must be Berrecloth and I claim my prize.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

it looks[/u] effortless and easy….

Does it look like Bearcloth is trying hard?

richen987
    Free Member

I would say he is very fast, really nicely shot video as well.

AlexSimon

Great little edit that. Thanks for the link.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Marketing fail by shimano then, isn’t the point of that video to sell you the new saint because clearly it’ll make us all that fast

Who was it that said (words to this effect, racing driver I think?) that everyone can go fast arround a corner, 100% on the limit, it’s the ability to do it perfectly at 99% of the limit, on every corner, on every lap that wins races.

There’s plenty of people who could star in that video, and do it just as ‘fast’, what marks out the racers is their ability to probably do that track repeatedly at the same pace, whereas others would take an entire day to get enough shots of enough corners to make it look like they rode the track that quickly. Bit like the freeride/dirt jump sections in videos, it looks effortless and easy, because if they showed the unedited footage it’d be 2 days of crashes and dodgy landings.

You ever even been to an NPS race?

There is a HUGE difference in speed between the top Elite riders and everyone else even down some of the straight rocky sections.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Good video, he’s certainly got bike skills.

Lucky bugger he gets to ride bikes all day, everyday apart from when he doesn’t want to.

Bet I’m faster than him at using Indesign that is.

dja25
    Free Member

I just can’t stop watching it! Cracking sound track too

tracknicko
    Free Member

stupid sped up slowed down videoing! i have no idea how fast he is as the damn thing never showed him in real time.

pet hate.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How fast is Aaron Gwin!?’ is closed to new replies.