Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • How do you mend a broken heart?
  • supertramp
    Free Member

A “friend” of mine recently got dumped, quite abruptly, no blame on his or her part it’s just the way it goes sometimes. He is getting over it now but for future reference do you have any tips for getting through this with as little pain as possible.

stavromuller
    Free Member

No, just deal with it

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Gaffa tape and Leonard Cohen

user-removed
    Free Member

Pull a slapper – genuinely works wonders for the ego (and the body). I have been the ‘slapper’ for others (girls) before now, and didn’t mind at all 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member
    colnagokid

As user-removed says, or shag her mates ( guarenteed they’ll be one of them up for it)
    Have fun with your pals, forget about her, ride your bike, get drunk, and realise life goes on either with or without you

user-removed
    Free Member

But seriously though, having given it a bit of thought, I do remember how it feels and stavromuller

No, just deal with it

is actually spot on. There’s no quick fix (unless grovelling and begging works).

I still remember staggering through a family reunion after being dumped in a strange city an hour beforehand. All I wanted to do was curl up in a dark room, but you’ve just got to struggle through I’m afraid.

jonnyrobertson

Yep, you’ve got to just keep going. Been there myself and it’s a pretty screwed up place to be. It’s a cliche but time IS a great healer. Everyone reacts to things in their own way but i guess that time is the one thing that helps everone recover. Well, for the vast majority of us anyway. Glad to hear your mate’s getting through it.

mtb_rob
    Free Member

Man the f*ck up and smile. Chin up and walk proud. You are still yourself and if you became so involved you lost self then thrive in the enjoyment of finding yourself again. Doing things for you and loving the world because it is fun as f*ck to be more jolly than all the miserable bar stewards out there. Mwahahahahaha smile mother *****r!

Boffing her best friend is a great way to make yourself feel better.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

“Life is painful; suffering is optional.” Sylvia Boorstein

yossarian
    Free Member

Yep crack on. The universe has a strange way of directing you towards good stuff, you just have to read the signs.

porter_jamie

Time. Knee deep in clunge helps.

djglover
    Free Member

12 hours w***athon?

creamegg
    Free Member

get laid

Harry_the_Spider

“Life is painful; suffering is optional.” Sylvia Boorstein

“Nail a hooker.” Silvio Berlusconi

PiknMix
    Free Member

give it time and shag EVERYTHING.

funny as hell and also a bit shallow but its getting me through it 😉

SBrock
    Free Member

Supertramp……. are you sure it wasn’t you who got dumped?

Was it a long relationship?

If it’s any comfort I have in the last six months come out of a 3 year relationship and am so fooking relieved as I no longer have to put up with her domestic abuse, humiliation & criticism! And she also came between me and my Biking!

kaesae
    Free Member

Stop being dumb dumbs, most people focus on what they’ve lost all of the good shit, **** that! just get a list of all the bad shit.

Crap at blowjobs, farts a lot when beer is consumed, wants to talk rubbish after sex, shurrup moron I’m trying to relax and **** sleep 😯

Joking aside, just write a list of all the crap stuff and every time your feeling down, get it out and see if you can add to it or just go over what’s on it, if the person you’ve just lost is perfect, then give yourself a slap with a fish, hard and start over 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Keep busy. Be patient.

gazza100

What kaesae said. Me and the other half split after 17yrs after i i **** up. I started going through the pish things in the relationship – and there were numerous – which made it easier to move on. I even had people tell me they thought the ex was a nippy cow!!

supertramp
    Free Member

some very interesting replies, thanks!

I will pass them on to my ‘friend’ 😉

ThePilot
    Free Member

if you find out please let me know as I think mine is about to break.

Mine just did, headsup. It’s what I wanted too and now’s it’s happened I’m falling apart.
    Hope you and supertramp get through.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Lots of ego-massage sex, and gin*

* but seriously it’s a total headfuck, the only thing I can say is that over time, it gets easier**

** but the first thing too 🙂

ThePilot
    Free Member

Thanks cynic-al. That really helped, until the end when I realised I was a good 10 year older than Matt. But it still helped a bit anyway. Cheers.

pitduck
    Free Member

time 😉

CountZero

As pitduck sez; time. Simple as. Broke up with one girl for what seemed to be good reasons, found out later there were no good reasons in that if I’d just talked to her everything could have been sorted. Broke her heart, and mine too. That was twenty three years ago, and I still regret what I did and mourn what I lost. Time heals, but the scar never fades.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Balls deep is the only way to go.

That & beer & time. Lots of beer, lots of time. 😉

supertramp
    Free Member

The beer thing (or wine) apparenty made things worse (or at tleast no better) and my friend isn’t a casual sex sort of bloke – sleeping with her best friend is a no-no (it’s a man).

So, Stavromullers advice, though at first it appears a bit harsh, it seems the only way and it is what i’ll suggest.

I have feedback on this and Kaesae, your list of bad points, my ‘friend’ asks ‘do you know her?’ 😆

rp16v
    Free Member

in true stw fashion ….mtfu go on a camping trip with real mates really opens your eyes at what u have missed out on.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Sorry to come late to this, I so wanted to contribute but needed to think about how to communicate what I wanted to say. Then it came to me…

Firstly a disclaimer: We all feel things differently, what you call love might not be what I call love, and my experience tells me that very few people actually feel that life encompassing all consuming love. If you are one of them, I am both happy for you and very sorry for you. A part of you has lived a life few are lucky enough to live. But a part of you has now died too.

Years ago I had a motocross accident and broke the navicular bone in my foot. Initially misdiagnosed as a sprained ankle, a week later I was held overnight for an emergency operation to pin it in the morning. I was off work for three months recovering, and living alone as I did I was suffering mentally too. To cut a long story short I eventually lost my job, and consequently my house. Years down the line I’m now fully recovered and very happy, but you know, on some days I get a little twinge…the foot plays up occasionally.

I think having a broken heart is pretty similar. At first the healing process is very slow, very painful, and takes a long time. One day you will be over it though, but that’s not to say that your heart is 100% mended, you may still have moments.

supertramp
    Free Member

TuckerUK, a good analogy 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Best way over a woman is under another.

Seriously. It works.

Wozza
    Free Member

Have fun, drink high quality booze, see all your mates and live life to the full.

Then one day the gods will smile on you and you’ll be driving out of the carpark with your bike in the boot and she’ll walk past on her way to work, looking rough, having an argument with her new boyfriend in the piss down rain…

… and that my friend, feels awesome.

backhander
    Free Member

STRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIP CLUB
    where are you based and when are we going?

takisawa2

Book a flight, grab a bike & **** off would be my first instinct these days, having been through this. Time heals. Fill your time with stuff. Any stuff, but sitting thinking.

neil853
    Free Member

Going through (and coming out of) the same thing. There’s no easy answer but spending time with mates who don’t mind listening is a good way of dealing with it. There will be shit lonely times but as long as you can keep these too a minimum then its not so bad. This ties in with spending time with friends.

I avoided getting pissed for the first couple of months, just my way of not getting any worse. Out quite a bit now and to be honest its fantastic, when you’re in a relaionship (well when i’m in a relationship) you become incredibly blinkered, when you’re ready splitting up is like having the blinkers taken off!

If they’ve broke up they’ve done it for a reason, harsh but its time to move on deal with how they’re feeling.

benman
    Free Member

I’ve been single for 2 months now after 8 years (and 6 months married). Weekends are currently great – drinking, biking etc. Its the nights inbetween that suck when your at home alone.

Whats worked for me is social drinking (never drink at home alone), meeting new people, flirting with old flames, and getting out on the bike a lot. The biking has been losing out to my social life at weekends though.

Chin up, time is THE great healer. After only 2 months, my outlook on life has totally changed.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In 1990 I went travelling with my soon-to-be wife as a last fling before settling down.

We were due to marry in September 1991. In June 1991 I got a knock on my door from the step-son of our mortgage advisor telling me that my fiancé was shagging his step-dad (who was twice her age).

My world uttterly imploded – a few months before the wedding and everything was cancelled.

I spent the first few weeks pissed on De Kruper cherry brandy (I know not why) and harboured thoughts of revenge against the ex and her lover but slowly that anger subsided and I am happy to say I did nothing.

Over the next few months I rekindled friendships and became close friends with my younger brother (who had been alienated because my fiancé disliked him). Those friendships never waned and I still meet regularly with those people and remain best of friends with my brother.

I had a couple of relationships (including another quite sad break up) then eventually met my wife with whom I have two lovely daughters. My wife is immeasurably more perfect in every way than the old fiancé.

I can honestly say that, looking back, I had a lucky escape and know without a shadow of a doubt that my life is happier without her and breaking up was the right thing to do. It was just those first few months that seem dark and out of control when I didn’t know where to turn, what to do or know what would become of me.

So – in a nutshell – have belief that time really is the answer.

Ohh and De Kruper cherry brandy.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

&

Note: Not necessarily at the same time.

Love can break your heart, Downhill will just break your bones. I’ve made my choice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘How do you mend a broken heart?’ is closed to new replies.