Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How do you define an English person?
  • hugor
    Free Member

Not sure.
    Type the thread title into google.
    Amazing result.

donsimon
    Free Member

Try sticking it in the search button.
    Amazing results.

trailmonkey

well done. was it your intention to draw out the maximum amount of middle class guilt, and anguish ?

nothing quite does it like making them admit that they’re english.

epicyclo

How do you define an English person?

Should be ‘person living in the warm deep south’.

Did I mention warm?

teasel
    Free Member

They don’t drink coffee they drink tea. They like their toast done on one side. You can tell it in their accent when they talk and in the way they walk their poncy walk…

yunki
    Free Member

a thoroughly decent and jolly nice bunch of ****

CountZero

Teasel, only if they’re gay and wear lots of makeup while wandering around NYC.
    As none of those things come anywhere near applying to me, I’ll have to settle for having been born in a small-ish market town in the south-west of England, which should qualify me as being English.
    As against, say, Dutch, Ukrainian, Chinese, Finnish or Hungarian.

Never mind that, I’ve spent the last 3 hours helping my daughter with her English homework and facts about Britain, what it means to be British, what the world thinks of the British and how great Britain is etc.

This via the internet in a Travelodge and a mobile phone with 1-0 bars of signal strength.

My conclusion – Britain can be summed up by the fact that I’m within spitting distance of the Capital City and my extortionately expensive service provider can’t even muster a frikkin phone signal!!!

johnners
    Free Member

Who the hell likes their toast done on one side?

It’s not a freakin’ bagel.

genghispod
    Free Member

“frikkin” and “freakin”? Wow how English you are! Someone been watching too much X-Factor?

JulianA
    Free Member

Xenophobic moron

sugdenr
    Free Member

My conclusion – Britain can be summed up by the fact that I’m within spitting distance of the Capital City and my extortionately expensive service provider can’t even muster a frikkin phone signal!!!

From what I heard on the radio t’other day (Today programme, so its gospel) its your crappy smart phone. Supposedly the phone companies were so busy making phones do other things that they forgot to remember to make the actual phone bit very good at all. 4G gonna fix that, apparently. Word.

English – the one speaking increasingly loudly and slowly when trying to communicate with any non-english speaker.

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

The wiki definition works fine for me being Northampton born and living in Carmarthenshire 5 miles from the Scarlets ground.Where’s my longbow?We’re all friends here right….?

genghispod – Member

“frikkin” and “freakin”? Wow how English you are! Someone been watching too much X-Factor?

Unfortunately my old fruit you can’t swear on here, otherwise I’d tell you to **** off!

teasel
    Free Member

“You, sir, are a cad…!” is how a true Englishman would have retorted.

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

Trampled with a horse and run through with a sabre…

I never claimed to be a true Englishman. My Grandfather was German.

That I believe is what one would call ‘being hoisted by ones own petard’!

Kevevs
    Free Member

ooh gosh it’s these thread that I love about the singletrackworld cycling community.

teasel
    Free Member

Hardly, STR. Nothing in my post was meant for you, merely how an Englishman would respond in such circumstances.

Now, I believe that is truly being hoisted by ones’ own petard.

8)

Kind of…

Kevevs
    Free Member

“him. her. there. that. of. off. oh. wrong. bad. thing. Get over it same thing” that’s my definition. Unless they steal my bike. Then they’re a right ****. I try not to define or judge anyone. That’s a losing game. it’s not meant to make sense. but don’t steal my bike!

dekadanse
    Free Member

Mustn’t grumble……………

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mustn’t grumble……………

You are English and I claim my fiver.

Kevevs
    Free Member

flavour of crisps. if they say prawn cocktail they are a wrong un from foreign climes. and should be shot with seafood shaped bullets. like a clam. a small clam.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How do you define an English person?’ is closed to new replies.