Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • How do we "fix" the NHS?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

For A&E, GP, walk-in Centres etc.

I’d combine the lot where possible and anyone that reports to A&E would be triaged and sent the right route or given an appointment to come back later etc.

Already being done here on the IoW.

My triage nurse was actually a paramedic, which was a sad thing in itself. Poor sod was probably collared while taking a tea break.

just5minutes
    Free Member

“It’s not broken imo.

BUT, as with teaching, policing, fire brigade, armed forces etc it needs for the politicians to **** right off out of it.”

The NHS now consumes 50% of the entire receipts from income tax. When we hold politicians accountable for how much is taken out of our pay packets in tax every month it seems quite naive to expect that the NHS can ever be put out of political debate, not least due to the £300B+ it had in extra funding in the last decade with very little to show for it.

jumble
    Free Member

I am not sure that the nhs as a whole is broken, but having experienced a failing hospital where basic processes such as pain relief provision are broken then there is definitely some serious problems. Negligence was common, lies the default and continuity of care non existent. I would not put my dog in there.

RobHilton
    Free Member

£300B+ it had in extra funding in the last decade with very little to show for it.

Operation wait times way down & immense backlog cleared due to reasonably sensible updated funding structure.

Northwind

just5minutes – Member

not least due to the £300B+ it had in extra funding in the last decade with very little to show for it.

Of which, over half is just the inflationary increase. But that makes for a less dramatic number 😉

Also, of course, it depends where you’re looking for “little to show for it”. New procedures, new treatments, more extension of life. The most expensive thing a hospital can do is keep you alive. TBH I think you’re just miles off to claim there’s little to show for it.

chrismac

Nationalise the GP service so they were contracted to spend their working hours seeing patients as GPs
    Stpo consultants from being able to do NHS and private work.
    Introduce an eligibility card that was required to be shown to receive NHS funded treatment.
    Get rid of all the internal contracts between all the different parts of the NHS that costs a fortune to negotiate and manage.
    Ban the use of Management Consultants, if senior types cant figure it our for themselves then they shouldnt be in the job.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘How do we "fix" the NHS?’ is closed to new replies.