Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How do I tie a shoelace?
  • Lakes_Puma

Help, I’m a bit stumped, I’ve just bought a pair of five ten Barons and read the following in a review

The lacing is slightly closer spaced on the Baron and for the first time Five Ten include a lace lock. This double eyelet lets you fasten the lace at the top but you can leave it loose to avoid cutting off your circulation.

What does heck does the reviewer mean? how do I tie the laces so they don’t get in the way or catch the chainrings?

steezysix
    Free Member

Really?

Lakes_Puma

Sorry but yes, when I read lace lock I thought it would be a but of elastic that I tuck the tied lace under. Also all my other shoes have been SPD with velcro straps so no laces to worry about.

Shoes look like this in any pictures I find

which I guess is just a publicity shot.

konajim
    Free Member

Best to let your mum tie them first for you .After a while you will catch on .

Jim 😀

carlosg
    Free Member

how do I tie the laces so they don’t get in the way or catch the chainrings?

Don’t own a pair of five tens but I tie my vans as far to the outside of the shoe as possible and haven’t caught a lace yet.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got some of those and I didn’t understand how that was meant to be of any use either.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

look at teh pic – you do the lace like that so as not do do a big bow. Keeps the shoe tight enough to stay on but not stupid tight and no flappy bow. Not hard to comprehend

Lakes_Puma

cheers for that Cruz, I’ll give it a go

Squidlord
    Free Member

Or just tuck the ends of the laces into the shoe.

MSP

The lace lock is the double eyelet (it does actually say that), you can use it to make the shoe more secure around the ankle, see the last video on this page.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267–12334-0,00.html

ruscle
    Free Member

I just got these, check under the insole as after 1 ride the stitching holding the soles in place was already coming undone so glued them inplace! As people have said before 5.10 have the best sticky soles on trainers but are the worst made!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How do I tie a shoelace?’ is closed to new replies.