Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hotel near Glentress
  • Kendal
    Free Member

Can anybody recommend a hotel near Glentress? One night stay with the msses so no dosses please!

binners

The imaginative and cryptically titled Glentress Hotel. Nice little place. Simple but clean. Ride out of the door onto the trails. Bike cleaning facilities. In fact just, as you would imagine, very bike friendly

The food in the restaurant is top notch. And a very very nice selection of single malts behind the bar. As all our raging hangovers testified on our last visit 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Agreed.
    me like.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yup, stayed there a few times, nice porridge brekkie and off you go

willej

Castle Venlaw is down the road in Peebles. I’ve never stayed there but really want to, after having a birthday dinner there a few years ago. The food, wine and service was AWESOME. I would be very surprised if the accommodation wasn’t.

fruitbat

The MacDonald Cardrona hotel is good – about 1 mile towards Inners from GT. It’s a bit expensive though. We stayed there at Easter and used Tesco vouchers to pay for some of the stay.
    Restaurant is expensive too – we ate in the Tontine Hotel in Peebles, very good.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Peebles Hydro

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Live posting from the free wifi from the Glentress hotel

http://home.btconnect.com/glentress/

Oli the owner is the best chef.

The rooms are fine but if there’s a group of you make sure you book the lodge. Washing machine, sauna, pool table. big **** off plasm TV etc, etc, etc.

Ride straight out onto the trails from the hotel/car park as well.

10am ride off tomorrow

wrightyson
    Free Member

We stayed in Peebles at the Tontine. Lovely hotel, great food ( especially the beef pie), even did a set menu for our group to choose from, mint breakfast, great night porter running the bar till whenever and bike lock up. Lovely town is Peebles and a good few pubs. Strikes me as quite a wealthy town as well!!

higgo
    Free Member

If the Mrs doesn’t ride, I’d recommend the Peebles Hydro.
    It’s got a nice spa if she’s into that kind of thing.

Nainosliw
    Free Member

+1 for the Glentress Hotel if yr biking. There’s secure bike storage and a clean-up area too. It isn’t in Peebles though, so if the other 1/2 is not packing her shammy and baggies then she might find something more central more to her liking (which will prob improve the quality of your visit experience too).

latiric
    Free Member

Tontine Hotel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hotel near Glentress’ is closed to new replies.