Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • hotel in glasgee
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

need a hotel for the missus and her pal…any good ones? under the 120 mark?

crikey
    Free Member

Me and Mrs Crikey stayed in the Glasgow Thistle hotel on Cambridge street. Walking distance ok from the train station, usual chain hotel standard, good for shopping streets thankfully, because I forgot to take clean undies and was told that turning them inside out was unacceptable whilst we celebrated her birthday away from the kids.
    We walked to the Kelvingrove museum and it snowed, and there were men in kilts in the bar. Top tip; get a guided tour of the School of Art if she is interested in Charles Rennie Macintosh.

bigG
    Free Member

Mint hotel is good, and just out of the centre so handy if your missus actually wants some sleep. You can usually screw a good deal out of them, under £120 is certainly achievable.

or try Citizen M, very quirky, central and should be within your budget. You can change the colour of the lighting in the loo, which is nice….

freeagent
    Free Member

Mint hotel is good, however I usually just stay in the premier Inn above Charing Cross Station – its pretty well situated for eating/drinking.. but then i’m only ever up there for work stuff, not sure I’d stay there for a holiday…

bigG
    Free Member

Premier Inn at Charing Cross is also extremely convenient for Seventh Heaven, Glasgow’s “finest” lap dancing club (or so I’ve been told).

poly
    Free Member

Citizen M would be my first thought.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in both the Thistle and the Mint, I had an executive suite in the thistle which was nice enough, very roomy. Food was ok and it was very convenient location for Sauchiehall street shops, 10 minute walk to Central station. The mint is great, imacs in each room is a nice touch. Bar is great and you get access to a massive fitness centre 2 minutes walk away. Mint is also right on the Clyde.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘hotel in glasgee’ is closed to new replies.