Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Horror films that actually scared you…
  • trailmoggy
    Free Member

blair witch project and amityville spring to mind

the thinkers do me

ton

exorcist

pans labrynth freaked me a bit.
    and 12 monkeys

jedi

one on tele when i was a kid about a woman who's son drowned or something and she does a ouiji board to get him back
    bobby didnt want to come back so he sent me!

bonzodog
    Free Member

Like a few others here, Blair Witch shit me right up when I first watched it with a spliff in me.

Nowadays I tend not to get scared as much as disturbed by certain films. In that respect 'Creep' and 'Funny Games' stand out.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

your right there its not being scared but disturbed by them

Free Member

While I think on – wolf creek, that was pretty scary!

DudleyPoyson
    Free Member

Saw Blair Witch in the US just after getting out of the airport and to the hotel. Had seen none of the marketing and was proper spooked at the end. Some of the dumbasses in the cinema had obviously bought into the hype as the were crying like mad thinking they'd seen real footage (judging by the conversations I overheard)

all my mates thought It was shit having seen it after it was out over here and been exposed to the marketing hype etc

epicyclo

Alien made me jump.

Mugboo

When i was 10 Jaws kept me awake for weeks! I didn't watch another scary film for years..

In recent times 'The Descent'at the cinema nearly had me under the seat and 'Wolf Creek' made me feel queesy..

Having watched Saw 1 and 2 (clever), gave up on Saw 3 after 5mins and Hostel made me question the whole idea of scary films.

So i've decided scary is good but SICK is bad, so no Eden Lake/Hostel type stuff for me!!

Underhill
    Free Member

Mrs Underhill wanted me to watch Mamma Mia with her. That was enough to make me run out of the house.

retro83
    Free Member

Like a few others here, Blair Witch shit me right up when I first watched it with a spliff in me.

Same here, then a couple of hours later my housemate went to get some food and when he came back the rest of us all stood in the corners of the rooms facing the walls (like the final scene in the movie).

Shit him up good and proper 😀

Kramer
    Free Member

The Orphanage with surround sound in a darkened room is pretty scary – similar to Pan's Labyrinth but much darker.

The Ring – Japanese version.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Gore doesn't do it for me i.e Saw etc.
    But remember watching The Changling when I was a yoof. Not the one with Angelina Jolie, the one with George C Scott.
    The bit when the wheelchair moves on its own at the bottom of the stairs still makes my legs go cold.
    Anything else with religious undertones like the Exorcist or Omen films anyways get my vote too.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Is it just me or did we all go to watch Blair witch on something?
    didn't scare me but didn't make me throw up after making me motion sick with their shite camera hand

CountZero

Don't go for horror films that much, but Event Horizon was creepy, as was Blair Witch. The Others I found really unsettling, but Pan's Labyrinth really did for me, the sheer brutality of the humans, along with the strangeness of Pan's world has left an indelible mark that stops me from ever wanting to see it again. Fantastic piece of work, though.

AndyP
    Free Member

most of them are just too predictable/funny to be scary. there's a nasty couple of moments in the remake of 'The Hills Have Eyes' though…

bigbloke
    Free Member

anyone remember xtro from the eighties?

spacemonkey

+1 for American Werewolf.

Watched it for the first time aged 12 or so – really shat me up, especially the nazi werewolves breaking into the house.

I still think of various scenes when I visit similar places, e.g. any moorland, small pubs where everyone appears to examine you as you walk in, the underground, etc.

enfht
    Free Member

The first 10 minutes of Dawn Of The Dead (2004 version)

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Horror films that actually scared you…’ is closed to new replies.