Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Hope's New Seatpost
  • letmetalktomark

Well impressed with my one of these:

Had been a Thomson convert for years but I think this fella has adjusted the balance. 😀

Very kindly supplied by the chaps at Cycleworld

Top work chaps.

Now more pics to come on my best of British build 😉

duckman

It is even nicer in the flesh,The grubby fingerprints on your new post are mine,sorry.

letmetalktomark

duckman – Member

It is even nicer in the flesh,The grubby fingerprints on your new post are mine,sorry.

So they are yours 😈

😆

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Cant believe you're getting all excited about it – well made no doubt but doesnt exactly look like an earth shattering design

toons
    Free Member

anybody know the weight?

jimmy

Heather Bash – Member
    Cant believe you're getting all excited about it – well made no doubt but doesnt exactly look like an earth shattering design

It is only a seatpost. What more do you want than well made & nice looking?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Shoddy at best, you can see the machine marks on it… 😉

letmetalktomark

Just impressed – no mention of excited 😉

Just thought it worth posting up as an option to those thinking of a change.

Re the design – just wanted something simple that works rather than earth shattering 🙂

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>It is only a seatpost. What more do you want than well made & nice looking?<

Exactly – I was bemused by the OP apparent need to post up a big picture of it…

Now had Hope, for example, designed and machined up a good quality / lower cost option to the Gravity Dropper et al that would have impressed me 😉

letmetalktomark

Cant please em all I guess 😆

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Just wish they'd offer a layback version as well though

duckman

As I was getting grubby prints on it,Chris was telling me that they are going to do the heads in all the colours they offer.Nice!

njee20
    Free Member

Coloured seatposts look sh1t IMO!

So… to echo Toons what does it weigh?

bobbyspangles

nice! it's bound to make you ride faster as well-freerad all the way!

letmetalktomark

sadly I do not have scales – otherwise I would weigh it 🙁

BoardinBob

I'm liking the look of the Atherton one. Nice markings on the post and the seat clamp mechanism looks good

angryratio
    Free Member

Awaits flurry of Thomson kit in classifieds….

Lionheart
    Free Member

Looks bit like a USE Sumo 😕 How much for the Hope one above.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

How much are they expecting for one of those then?

tracknicko
    Free Member

but the design of the micro adjust/thompson means that rotational force wont strip anything. thats one of the reasons they are so effing good (imo)

one or two bad landings etc on that one above and you have the possibility of stripping all the little teeths, just like a £7 halfords post.

duckman

The Hope post FELT lighter than my deus one,probably because I want one!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of that type of clamp, I have both USE and Bontrager, however it looks like that Hope one does have small teeth which could round off, does it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The thompson design is used by loads of companies, including my titec one which came with a 5 year no questions warrenty, cost half the price and weighed less.

And even my £12.99 ritchey post was oval shaped inside.

I wish thompson afficianados would just admit they bought it because it was expensive and therefore somehow percieved as better rather than actualy being better.

And how short is that PRO seatpost!

letmetalktomark

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I wish thompson afficianados would just admit they bought it because it was expensive and therefore somehow percieved as better rather than actualy being better.

Speaking as a Thomson owner I can honestly say I bought mine as it had very good reviews and was proven to be strong. I have broken two posts in the past (one at the head & one bent) and have to say it is a bike part I am happy to spend the money on if it is going to last and not cause injury.

From shopping around I don't believe them to be expensive by comparison – same as the Hope. Who pays RRP anyway?

angryratio
    Free Member

I've had a thomson post for 5 years.
    I ride an xc hardtail with a lot of post showing, and previous posts had bent after short periods of time.

Since then i've bought a ritchey post and yes, it works just the same, but i'm not gonna dispute the fact thomson is tarty/ and expensive.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Hope's New Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.