• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Hope V-Twin – Now shipping
  • Rik
    Free Member

Got told that they are now in full production and available to buy 🙂 – just get your dealer to order.

RRP of £250 for the remote reservior unit, cables and two X2 calipers.

Sorely tempted once there are a few deals around.

Wonder what the weight works out like compared to BB7s?
    Would love to give them a go.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Tempted for the Gryphon but, in all honesty, it’d be needless upgraditis as the BB7s on there are working just fine. Head ruling the heart at the mo, it may change!

Rik
    Free Member

Think weight will be a big factor for me.

clubber
    Free Member

Oooh… wonder what £250 equates to at trade?

I think I’ll wait though. My new BB7 seem to work well and I suspect that longer term, better solutions will be available (eg proper hydraulic brake levers)

Rik
    Free Member

Once someone like Winstanleys start selling them it will be about £200.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

that is quite a bit cheaper than the TRP parabox which I wasn’t expecting

zilog6128

Anyone know what the extra weight will be over BB7s? Very tempted by these for my new cx bike!

Rik
    Free Member

Nothing on the Hope site yet.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Looking forward to having a go with some, Never had problem with my BB5’s.

Weight will be a fair bit. but not convinced as they still use a cable but will keep an open mind when trying them.

alfabus
    Free Member

given that hope sell stems too, i’m surprised they haven’t done something which is integral to a stem – could be neater and maybe save weight… maybe that is a future possibility.

Dave

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’d wait until the big boys bring out a full system, like Shimano are supposed to be working on

Rik
    Free Member

If and when the big boys release hydro shifters (SRAM will be first) then you won’t be complaining about £200 it will be any where between £500-£2000 to get them.

As they will come out on the top groupsets first and if it’s the rumoured Di2 hydro shifters you’ll need a whole new groupset which will be astronomical. Dura Ace sti are what £350 just for the levers plus extra for calipers etc and that’s if it’s not Di2

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody else got any info or specs?

Rik
    Free Member
    Rik
    Free Member

Info now on the Hope website

sambob
    Free Member

Looks good. Perfect for 3PCX, not sure how much use it’d be for normal cx races though. Might be good on a commuter though.

mike_p
    Free Member

I’d wait until the big boys bring out a full system

+1, looks like a right old bodge

bencooper
    Free Member

I used the old Hope remote master cylinder on a bunch of S&S bikes – worked really well, actually…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To me, that looks like creating a complex solution where a simple one already exists:

Just put normal disc levers on the flat part of the bars…….

bencooper
    Free Member

Normal disc levers won’t fit on the flat part of most bars – they’re 23mm not 22.2mm. You can get bars which they will fit, but there aren’t many.

zilog6128

Got my bike back from the LBS this afternoon, now with added V-Twin! Looks the business. Will give them a good old test tomorrow.

Rik
    Free Member

Sounds good – feed back on here what they are like!!

Rik
    Free Member

With pics

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Hope V-Twin – Now shipping’ is closed to new replies.