Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hope or Exposure?
  • roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Looking at my first set of new lights for some time so some input would be appreciated.

Have narrowed down my choices to two possibles:

Exposure Race Mk 5

or

Hope Vision 2 LED Li-Ion Epic

Obviously the usual STW “Oooh you don’t want to buy that…just make your own…” type comments are welcome, so long as someone can direct me where to source all the relevant parts.

Thanks in advance.

prettygreenparrot

Hope. Looks like it belongs on a bike.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

One for Exposure:

– You don’t have to cycle through flashing to get from low back to high (ESSENTIAL!)

– Integrated battery an a neat QR mount, so much easier to fit and the battery baag won’t scratch your frame or stem

– There’s a reason why all the top racers in the UK (who can chose whatever lights they want) choose to ride Exposure lights – they’re better

– Exposure use the latest Cree LEDs and are brighter

– Exposures can be charged not just be mains but in your car (excellent for weekends away and racing) and by USB (excellent for commuting)

yetiguy
    Free Member

exposure, test them in store, you will see why

bol

Yep, Exposure. I know people who have traded equally bright Hope for Exposure. They’re just better packaged and more convenient. Don’t seem to be significantly more or less reliable than either Hope or Lupine from my (and roof buddies’) experience.

glynP
    Free Member

I normally ride with a Hope HID light which I thought was fantastic, my wife however got me an exposure Diablo for christmas, WOW! even on half power its way better than my HID, on full power its just crazy. We also have the race MK5 in the shop, very nice. The Hope vision will not quite be as powerfull but will be good enough, I suppose its whether you want a seperate battery or not.
    God knows what the Max Daddy must be like

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Why havent HOPE change there light, all the other company’s have upgraded but not HOPE I know its not there main products but still I LOVE hope light wouldnt mind seeing a upgrade…. It ‘trout’ can make light that bright why arnt hope keeping up?

Nobby

Having used both I’d say Exposure for all thereasons already mentioned – their customer service is spot on too.

billyboy
    Free Member

GO………….Diablo plus a single cell piggy back battery

M6TTF
    Free Member

I still love the ay ups – hard to beat for value. Head light and bar light for 300 quid. Ok they’re not as bright, but several friends have them and seem to have no problems seeing where they’re going

Jonny5
    Free Member

Nothing against Exposure and hope (I’ve never tried them) But have you considered the new lumicycle led?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats wrong with a spokes cycle / magicshine for a lot less money? Or for similar money a trout or luminous which is much brighter?

M6TTF
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Whats wrong with a spokes cycle / magicshine for a lot less money? Or for similar money a trout or luminous which is much brighter?
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

do you actually need brighter though?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No – you turn it down and then it becomes very efficient giving long burn times.

trout
    Free Member

Hope probably have not upgraded because they have stock of the old P4 leds to use up first .
    and the design internally make a straight led swop near impossible .

they will have at some time need to bite the bullet and move on specially with a new led arriving on the block .

Lumicycle and Exposure finally upgraded leaving old hope well behind

unless they have plans for next year to leapfrog everyone and jump straight in to XM-L

0pt1cal
    Free Member

As above Exposure are superior lights but I also use Magicshine and Lupine

mooman
    Free Member

…there seems to be a more is better attitude with lights here.
    I only use one set of ay-ups. Not the brightest lights on the market i hear, but i have never felt a need for more light with them.

M6TTF
    Free Member

No – you turn it down and then it becomes very efficient giving long burn times.

friends seem to get about 6hours out of their stock battery – the larger one ones forever!

parkesie
    Free Member

Im happy with the 2nd hand vision 2 that ive got used them alongside an exposure maxx d. Exposure was brighter but i prefer the better light spread from the hope. And the direct mount stem is a nice touch.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses. I hate to do this but…I went into The Bike Chain today and had a chat with the guys in there…and ended up buying a set of NightRider MiNewt.700 Duals. Top marks to them for politeness, stock knowledge and just general customer service.

Sorry for the apparently wasted thread.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hope or Exposure?’ is closed to new replies.