Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Jockey Wheels
  • simmy
    Free Member

Love my Hope stuff – I’m a brand snob TBH with it – but just wondered if anyone has the new Jockey Wheels ?

I’ve a SLX 9 speed mech, and have had Tacx in since last Easter but one has seized, so for Today, I had to nick a standard Shimano Wheel off my Road Rat.

Are the Hope making a big difference ? I know they have not been around long enough for any long term tests as I believe they are a new product line.

Basically, are they worth the extra over Tacx or similar ?

sparkyrhino

5 cacky mud filled rides,so far so good, nice and smooth fitted in a x7 mech.and oh so tarty in red 😳

d45yth
    Free Member

Are the Hope making a big difference ?

I don’t think you’ll notice any mechanical difference whatsoever, that’s probably not why folk will be buying them. Buy them to be tarty, no other reason…I’d buy them but where’s Chris King when you need him! 😀

BadlyWiredDog

5 cacky mud filled rides,so far so good, nice and smooth fitted in a x7 mech.and oh so tarty in red

I’m mildly entertained that you can buy an X7 mech complete with jockey wheels for around a fiver more than a set of the Hope ones.

sparkyrhino

And the x7 is fitted to a £20 2nd hand argos bike,forks fitted the wrong way round too. 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Fitted hope ones to replace shocking xo ones that seemed to fail far to easily
    The hope ones lasted 2 rides before I needed to stip them down as they stopped turning
    Since I repacked them with grease they have been fine. But time will tell

Jocko
    Free Member

Got some last month – they look lovely and work fine – I also think they make me ride faster, wheelie better and do longer skids

stumpy01

XTR ones on my mech have gone all ninja-starry (well the lower one has), so put some KCNC ones on my Christmas list. Fitted them today. Not used them. But they look the awesomez….

(NOT MY PIC….)

mrphil
    Free Member

Really want to buy the Hope ones but after the Sram X0 ones were goosed after 5 months I will stick to Mowa knes for the time being.

Only reason is at this present time this bike does all riding.

Other than that Hope stuff works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Jockey Wheels’ is closed to new replies.